• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2023 Changes

Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting old, cranky, and set in my ways. I don't have time to learn a new workflow. Adobe, why do you hate me?

In the past, the changes have been helpful and improved my workflow. For some reason, though, many of the 2023 changes are making me miserable and costing me time in re-learning what used to be simple tasks.

Is it really just that I'm getting old, or do others also feel this? I'm guessing probably both, but still, please stop hating me, Adobe. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@russwills 

If you have specific issues, please start a new thread for each so the volunteers on this forum can better assist.

You can turn off automatic updates or revert to an earlier version in the CC app.

You can learn how the new features work here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new.html 

Adobe is a company and is not capable of emotion. I am a volunteer who loves to help others, but you've given us nothing specific, making it impossible for us to assist!

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a particular workflow that isn't working for you? For some features, you can revert to legacy workflows.

My impression is that Adobe is trying to continue to improve its products to make them easier to use. Many new features are incredibly helpful and time-saving.

There are times that the changes make it difficult for established users. What I appreciate is that the product teams do listen to their users' input and respond. Take for instance, the default scaling setting. When it was changed from non-proportional to proportional without using Shift, many people wanted to go back. Some people liked the change. Now you can choose how you want to set it in Preferences (to go back to how it was you would go to Preferences > General and select Use Legacy Free Transform).

I do understand that change can be hard, though.  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you want to go back to previous versions?
In Adobe Creative Cloud, select the product you wish to roll back, click on the three dots and select "Other Versions".

Then in the same application, disable "Auto Update". 

No, I'm really old, and I don't feel the same (to answer your one question). 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for your replies! Many (though not all) of the features that are thwarting me are in Bridge.

For example, I frequently use four or five Bridge windows at once. I can do many of the same things with content tabs, but I have to take time to detach each content tab. In addition, the content tab is always on top, so when I click on the main window I still have to move, reattach, or minimize the floating content tab. So far I have not found any keyboard shortcut to navigate among tabs like I used to with windows (cmd + ~). 

Another example, when I apply filters in a folder, then enter a subfolder or different window, I lose all the filters when going back to the original folder. Perhaps it's always been that way but I didn't see it because I had multiple windows open, but I have to update my workflow to compensate for these things. 

For the records, I'm all for the tabs, other new features, and opportunities to improve my workflow. I just wish Adobe didn't  force me to change my workflow by removing features that I used all the time. I've relied heavily on multiple windows for many, many years, and I don't have time to be forced to create and internalize a new workflow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the Photoshop forum.

If you have issues/questions about Bridge, please ask them there.

Adobe doesn't force you to update/upgrade and as such doesn't force you to change your workflow.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @russwills 

Since all of your issues are with Adobe Bridge and not Photoshop, I'll move your post to the Bridge forum for you.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge/ct-p/ct-bridge

Come back to the Photoshop forum to post your issues with Photoshop. Again, it's best to post one issue per thread.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Because the issue is with Adobe Bridge, as opposed to Photoshop, you might want to post your feedback on either the Bridge Support Community or to the Bridge Uservoice page (that's where the actual Bridge team would see your feedback):

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines