Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding Keywords as Lists

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to move from MediaPro to Bridge and running into problems with the keywords. In MediaPro, I was able to have a list of keywords separated by commas in the controlled vocabulary so all the keywords would be added at once. When I import the keywords to Bridge, it does not recognize them as separate values and puts a quotation mark around them. Is there some way to accomplish this in Bridge with it recognizing each item separated by a comma or semicolon as a unique keyword? I have tried both commas and semicolon with the same result.

This is what my import file looks like:

Screen Shot 2020-11-19 at 9.56.16 AM.png

I need to be able to attach the scientific name along with the common names easily like this.

It looks fine in the Keywords panel:

Screen Shot 2020-11-19 at 10.01.20 AM.png

But then the quotes are added in the metadata panel:

Screen Shot 2020-11-19 at 10.03.22 AM.png

I've been trying to find any solution to this and unable since this isn't a typical nesting situation of keywords but needs to be a specific list like this. Any insight is appreciated!

Thank you!

TOPICS
Import and export , Keywords

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not possible as far as I can tell. You might look at the help and see what options you have.

https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/nested-hierarchal-keywording-bridge.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Came to this site to try to find a faster solution for this same issue.

But I do have a workaround if you're interested. It's a bit lengthy to explain, but the process only takes about 20 minutes to complete. Let me know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some clues for text wrangling here:

https://prepression.blogspot.com/2016/11/bridge-restoring-lost-keyword-xml-file.html

Use Bridge/Preferences/Keywords and enable the read/write of hierarchal keywords.

Setup a small test/dummy structure of at least two sets of keywords to see how it should be constructed when exported to plain text (nesting with tab characters etc). Then use the Keywords panel options menu to export out the plain text file. Use a text program that shows invisible characters such as tab and line endings. It's also good if it offers "grep/regular expression" find and replace.

Then try a small test from your other program, using find/replace to restructure it's format into the format required by Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines