Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Bridge 2020 Mac "Batch Renaming" not working

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have Adobe Bridge 2020 running on a MacBook Pro 16. I want to rename some files with Batch Rename but it does not work. When pressing the button "Rename" nothing happens. The same problem is on the Mac of my friend. Can somebody help me?

Kind regards,

Lukas

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lukas,

Sorry that batch renaming does not work in Bridge 2020. 

Which operating system are you running on your Mac? 

Damaged preferences or workspaces can cause unexpected behavior in Adobe Bridge. Purging the cache can fix display issues for thumbnail previews.

• Start Adobe Bridge and immediately press Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS) until the Reset Settings dialog box appears.
  • Select all three options--Reset Preferences, Reset Standard Workspaces, and Purge Entire Thumbnail Cache--and then click OK.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

I use macOS Caalina. Even after reseting (as described by you) it still not works. I also cannot quit Adobe Bridge normally via "Quit". I have to force quite the programm via the activity monitor.

Kind regards,

Lukas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Catalina introduced a lot of permissions problems, that is likely what you are seeing. Google "Catalina permissions."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might help to show a cropped screenshot of the batch rename settings and mention which OS version you are on, I have no problems on OS 10.14.6 Mojave for example with Bridge 2020, 2019 etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2020-05-17 at 08.46.55.pngScreenshot 2020-05-17 at 08.46.59.png

Hi Stephen,

I am using OS 10.15.4 Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since you are on Catalina, let's also start from the basic area that a number of people miss: Apple's strict control on applications access to various parts of the system. This might be caused by Apple's issues:

Go to your System Preferences and select Security & Privacy. Click on the Privacy Tab, then scroll down till you see Full Disk Access.

Then unlock the lock in the bottom left with your system authorization PW. Finally click on the “+” to bring up an Open window and select LRC and any other applications that needs or may need open access to various areas of your computer. 

But wait, there’s more…

gary_sc_0-1626020910766.png

Now click on the next folder down, Files and Folders. You’ll see many applications grayed out because these are applications that already got permission from the first part.

gary_sc_1-1626020910766.png

But as you scroll down you may see other applications that have sub-categories to OK. If that lock is still open, you can do this at any time.

Close everything up and you should be good to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines