• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.AI file generated out of GSP Omega Composer 5.0 will not display thumbnails in Bridge CC 2018

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.AI file exported out of GSP Composer 5.0 will not display thumbnails in Bridge CC 2018

I have been trying to find a work around to get .AI files exported from Composer 5.0 to display thumbnails in Bridge CC 2018, using a Windows 10 system. I have seen some potential solutions, but have not found one that works as of yet, so I figured that it was likely time to try posting a question on the forum. Gerber Science Products are unique and are used in very specific fields, so trouble shooting issues with the program can be challenging.

I have .AI files that were exported out of GSP Omega Composer 4.0 and they read and produce thumbnails just fine in Bridge CC, but the newer .AI files from GSP Omega Composer 5.0 don't seem to want to display anything further than an icon. Composer's native file is a .PLT file, and in Windows Vista, we were able to preview the thumbnails. So this may either be an internal windows issue or a disconnect within Bridge CC.

The new files read as AI (GSP) Adobe Illustrator Files, and are saving in an Adobe Illustrator Artwork 22.0 format, with the file extension .ai .So, I am not all together sure what has changed with the new system that might keep Bridge CC from showing these new files.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know! Any help moving this question forward would be much appreciated, because as of this moment, in order to check the artwork in the file, I have to open every individual file up in Illustrator, which really slows down my workflow.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 22, 2019 Feb 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an option to generate a preview? Otherwise, I'd write a script to automate opening and resaving in Illustrator to generate a preview. Also, what does the software vendor say?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2019 Feb 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Lumigraphics,

I haven't seen an option to generate a preview unfortunately. The only thing that seems to show in Bridge is just the file icon, so I don't have a thumbnail or a preview available for these files. I will definitely make a note regarding a script for opening and resaving the files in illustrator to do a full file conversion. Thank you for that! 

I have just sent an email to GSP and will see what they say as well. I may also follow up with my IT department to see if there was something missed in terms of file handling during our recent system refresh. Once I hear something definitive back from GSP or my IT team, I will definitely pass it along.

Thank you so much for taking the time to help! I really appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines