• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Artifacts appearing in my Batch Edited images.

Engaged ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this belongs in Bridge, ACR, or Photoshop, but I'll put it here anyway.  I already know how to workaround this issue, but I'm posting it here because I'm really amazed at just how many ways Adobe Software can find to surprise us all.

My workflow involves using RAW files and I create recipes for files in ACR from Bridge.  When that is done, I run Tools>Photoshop>Batch Edit from within Bridge.  That happily runs away until all the images I had selected have been processed into JPEG files.  In the past going back to I think CS2016, I have on occasion been horrified to find that a whole batch of up to 3,000 RAW files have been processed through this method, but applying the same crop to every image regardless of whether any crop had been applied in the ACR recipe.  Well, I learned to reboot before running batches and that fixed the problem.  Should I have to do that?  I don't believe I should.

Anyway, I have just seen a new problem.  Have a look at this JPEG.  I ran a bacth of 500 images and they all have this almost watermark of a helicopter through them.  It's from an adjustment I did on just one image where I selected the adjustment tool and lightened some shadows for just the subject, but the batch process has manged to do it on all 500.  It is not part of the action that is run as part of the batch processing.  I did not copy and paste the settings or synchronize them either.

I'm just going to leave it here.  I'll reboot my system and re-run the batch.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?