• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

batch rename error

Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just try to rename a whole photoshoot, adding the model's name BEFORE the original file name.
It get¡s all messy. It does what it wants and I lost all the original names.
also It rename file extension using part or the original name.
Result:
none of my files has extension and I have to guess which one is a jpg or tiff , psd o crw...

rodrigounda_0-1678308121342.png

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Image processor , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you still have the batch rename settings you used? We need that to sort out what happened.

Can you also provide a before and after example for the filename?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@rodrigounda – fear not, all is not lost, we are here to help!

We just need to understand which bits you wish to keep, if any... And what the new bits should be. New names and sequences can be created. File extensions can be fixed.

P.S. The Batch Rename tool has an option to preserve the original filename in metadata, so that it can be restored if required after a rename, but you need to use it before the first rename. The metadata may also hold the original filename in other fields, but this is a slim hope. The Batch Rename tool also offers a preview button for the entire batch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines