• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2017, still no SVG preview support.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this still an ongoing issue? Why have SVG previews been disabled since CS4?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Hi,

We have added this as a feature request in our backlog of tasks.

Thanks,

Deepak Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay. It works. Thanks. Hoping you guys can beat MSexplorer to the punch next time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shake my head every-time I'm working on a design project that involves SVGs.

[SIGH]

I use ADOBE BRIDGE as my 'bridge' between applications. How is it that we can still not preview SVGs within Bridge...? I would suggest Adobe (Bridge) technical team need to view this as mission critical soon because for me it's becoming a dealbreaker. The vector SVG file format is fast becoming the go to format for logos/icons/images on websites... being unable to view them in Bridge is SO SO frustrating. How hard can it be? You can render them in browsers / across old versions of MS explorer even... within finder etc but not a piece of software that's SOUL purpose is to help bridge the gap between applications.

WHEN WILL THIS UPDATE HAPPEN?... on behalf of all graphic designers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest release of Bridge now includes SVG preview support - have you updated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having looked again, it appears I need to edit all the SVGs in order for them to appear... XMP compatibility etc.

Here's a useful link for anyone (like me) who still sees no preview - SVG Thumbnail Previews in Adobe Bridge – Catspaw Dynamics

So I now have to open the hundreds of SVGs I have saved and edit each one so they appear.... not great is it?

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fieldinspired​,

You need to select the SVG files, do a right click, and select "Purge Cache for Selection". This will regenerate the preview/thumbnail for SVG files.

thanks,

Deepak Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You sir... are a legend.

Thanks everyone - so glad I can see my SVGs!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad it was just the cache!

This is a really useful tool for cleaning up/optimising SVG output:

SVGOMG - SVGO's Missing GUI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines