• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2022 not seeing files on OneDrive, Mac OS Monterey

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I see OneDrive from Adobe Bridge? I see the folder (alias) in my computer -> user folder, but I cannot open it like I can open Dropbox or Creative Cloud Files. Any advice?

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

I figured out a solution. I had to go to the desktop, open the OneDrive (work) folder and physically drag one of the inside folders to my Adobe Bridge Favorites. Now I can open and work with my OneDrive files from home. Problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant , Jun 19, 2023 Jun 19, 2023

If you're wanting to navigate to the folder in question via the Folders panel in Bridge, you need to unhide the user-level Library (~/Library). Once you do that you can reach the CloudStorage folder (~/Library/CloudStorage/) which will have whatever cloud storage app you use (OneDrive, Dropbox post-MacOS compatibility update, which is slowly coming out of Beta, Google Drive etc.) within it.

You need to open up Terminal and run the following command to do so:

chflags nohidden ~/Library

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As noted in many other threads on here, Bridge does not support cloud services and they do not work correctly or reliably.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since modern day file storage is predominately cloud based, what benefit would I get from using Bridge? All my work would be dependent on managing a vast storage array on my internal network or having a workstation (subject to local failures power interuption... coffee spills... and so on) Without cloud storage support, Bridge become pretty useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh contrare.

i use bridge to batch rename files for upload to printer all the time. until recently when monterey messed up the connection with onedrive. thats all i can assume since thats the only thing that changed. maybe this new update to 12.2.1 will fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Modern day file storage is still mostly hard drive based. Bridge is designed to work on your local drives. Beyond that I don't have any knowledge about if or when Adobe might add cloud support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use cloud storage as well. Bridge is SLOW when it comes to previewing web images, so I instead have a local drive so that previews are fast. Clour storage is used as a back up / way to share. But not to browse or work from. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder why Adobe Bridge recognizes OneDrive while I'm at work, but not while I'm working remote from home. At home, Adobe Bridge can recognize Adobe Creative Cloud storage and Dropbox cloud storage. Also at home, Bridge can see but not open OneDrive, and I cannot find Apple's iCloud Drive. I wonder if there's a OneDrive setting I need to set at home in order to work with Bridge like I can at work. Any advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out a solution. I had to go to the desktop, open the OneDrive (work) folder and physically drag one of the inside folders to my Adobe Bridge Favorites. Now I can open and work with my OneDrive files from home. Problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this! I just got mine reconnected after my Monterey update. It seems Monterey changed the folder structure slightly. For me (MacOS Monterey 12.3.1), the new path to the OneDrive folder is: /Users/**YOURUSERNAME**/Library/CloudStorage/OneDrive-/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked 1 hour ago! Suddenly it stopped working and I got alias symbols on my onedrive folders. Photoshop can access the files inside an OneDrive alias but not Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should be on repeat:

BRIDGE DOES NOT SUPPORT CLOUD SERVICES.

It MAY work until it doesn't, but Adobe never intended the two to work together.

My suggestion is to find a different workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mmm ... you mean change from OneDrive to Creative Cloud Files? I'd love to bu that is not my decision. IT is not going to swap because of one MAC user on a PC network cant view files on Bridge.

THIS SHOULD BE ON REPEAT ... fix it. It it can see Adobe Cloud services it should see all! DropBox, One Drive, Google Drive etc etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly, tfix it, this should not even be an issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "fix" would be for Adobe to license the OneDrive, Box, Dropbox, iCloud, Google Drive, etc etc etc etc SDK and add compatiblity for all of those services, which compete with Adobe's cloud offering. I don't see it happening with the pace of Bridge development but who knows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is entirely not true. Ok, maybe it is, but with little side note: Bridge does not support cloud services.......on Mac! I have windows machine at work, and I use Bridge with OneDrive there!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OneDrive is not supported either. It MAY work, until it doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent a lot of time on chat with Adobe and a satsifactory fix could not be found. My problem, similar to yours, is that although I can see OneDrive files and access them in Bridge, I can't edit them, for instance addiong star ratings. The workaround is to copy the OneDrive files - or indeed the files on your SD card - into a folder which is not synced to OneDrive. I created one directly on my C drive but the engineer at Adobe used the downloads folder. Bridge works fine with that and after completing work on the files they can be copied back to OneDrive. Not ideal but it did work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also spent time with Adobe this week with my new Mac Studio. 1st in a chat and then on the phone. They tried many things over about 2 hours but couldn't make Bridge work with my cloud storage. Neither OneDrive or Dropbox could be made to work using Bridge. They said "since Bridge is now free I shouldn't expect it to work, it just isn't very good". I said, I spend a lot of money every year with Adobe and I expect their products to work well together and within reasonable user expectations, like working with cloud storage. I don't care if Bridge is free, it should work well with other Adobe products and meet basic user requirements. I said this has ruined my whole workflow and asked what alternatives there were to Bridge. He said there were no alternatives but I should use external drives instead of OneDrive or subscribe to Adobe cloud storage. External drives etc, go against our work place security policy and in this day and age is archaic. We should be able to declutter, have less HDD's and reduce our carbon footprint, not be told to consume more. We should not be forced to spend more money with Adobe to be able to use something as simple as cloud storage.

Does anyone here know a viable alternative to Bridge? I use Ai Ps, Id, Br, Pr, Ac, and thumnails for all of these are wanted. Finder does not generate thumbnails for all file types.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge does not support third-party cloud storage. Period. If your workflow depends on reliable access to cloud services, you'll need to find another tool. I'd suggest hitting up Google but you are likely to find that all of the competing products lack important features as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other Adobe products like Acrobat can access cloud storage.
Adobe is one of the world’s largest providers of asset creation tools. Surely it should have an asset management tool that works with cloud storage. Period.
With so many people globally now working from home this is especially a basic requirement of functionality.
Like your suggestion of Google lacking important features, Bridge is also lacking important features. Replacing one product lacking important features with another product lacking important features is not a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so that doesn't change the facts. Bridge doesn't support cloud services. And you didn't read my post very carefully. You asked about alternatives, I pointed you to Google. Like, to search. And also pointed out that other graphics viewers have issues as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lumigraphics, I appreaciate your replies. I did read your reply, my point (out of frustration) was that there are no Bridge alternatives that work without lacking features. I don't understand why Adobe don't care and are doing nothing about it.
Online chats are full of people having the same problems. 

My hope is that more people post about this, and more often, this hopefully provokes Adobe into a positive response. Fingers crossed as I don't see a viable alternative to Bridge coming anytime soon. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd bet against Adobe adding cloud support to Bridge. So you either accept that limitation or use a third-party app that has different limitations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a folder in my Documents folder called 1 Drive and then created an alias to the folder I'm working with on OneDrive and placed the alias in the 1 Drive folder in the Documents folder and Bridge works with the files accessed using the alias.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That actually worked! Thank you so much. I made an alias of the alias that was in my library folder. The original "alias" didn't work, but an alias of the alias did. Weird. Let's hope it lasts. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines