• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Bridge 2022 very Slow

Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Salutations,
Bridge was already slow, with the very latest version it got even slower.
With folders of 800-900 images (raw) it cannot be used for sorting and rating photos.
Also setting the fastest parameters for previews.
Scrolling in full screen freezes, or is very slow (5-7 seconds to scroll between one photo and another!)
Also for such large folders I don't know why it doesn't keep the preview in mind. (values in the options all ok)
I tried to clear the cache of that folder and regenerate it from the beginning, but with no solution.

Will you solve the problem with the next version?
So I can't use it.

Thank you

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue - it became unusable. 

Tried to delete all cache files and to reduce the quality of thumbnail quality.

MacBook Pro, M1, 16 GB, Monterey (12.1)

Help please!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally unusable.  It's AMAZING!  How is this possible? I'm running the same thing. I really need another solution. It's been going on for years now.  I have your same setup.

On my 2015 MacBook Bridge BLAZES. Instant thumb preview.  It's proof that computers aren't evolving. They're devolving.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am furious. I have a brand new 2022 Macbook that is supposed to fly, and here Bridge is running slower than ever. This is a critical program in Adobe's group - why are they not making it function?

I would love to hear alternatives to this program. I need something to preview art AND photos, and DON'T want to be slowed by being connected to the cloud. We are prisoners to these programs that used to work so well, and we are left feeling we have to write our own software or something. It's exhausting. Just make the basic programs millions use every day WORK on the best new computers. I thought getting a brand new supercomputer would help me, but Bridge is better on my ancient Windows workstation. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to see a version of bridge that runs like it should be - install an old cs6 bridge. Open a folder -> all thumbnails are visible. Try it with CC and you will see nothing for 10-15 seconds...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your input! I am so tired of the dance of going to older verisions to try and make it work, while having everyone at Adobe assure me the latest is the best. I have experienced the same thing as you say before. Not even sure if it's available, but I will try the oldest one on Adobe's cloud. If not, maybe an Adobe tech will install for me. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nah i can´t recommend using cs6, or at least i can´t if you´re using a newer camera´because you won´t see your pics 🙂 But there you can see how fast it was and how fast it should work instead of that cloud crap. Btw there is no older CC Version that runs better than the actual one, they all are really bad

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the new update to camera raw. 14.8 I think. Now it totally works, and is blazing fast. I'm using CC 2022.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. It takes forever to generate previews and it seems to have to do it every time I open and close Bridge. This is terrible because it's such an important program for me. It was alreay clunky and now it's even worse.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to clear all my cache.
Previews with basic settings, set cache storage capacity to 100GB, on HD SSD M2.

After that I generated all the previews of a folder with 900 raw files (24 megapixels each).
Everything ok ... pretty fast screen display, almost like with version 11.x.x.

I close everything, reopen on the same folder
and REGENERATES ALL THE FOLDER FROM THE BEGINNING, NEW SUPER SLOWED SYSTEM, CPU TEMPERATURE TO STARTS.
(Noctua heatsink ..)

Win 10
32GB Ram
AMD 4.6 Ghz

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a hard reset holding down control, alt, shift as I open the program and this for now fixed the problem. I've always had to do this every few months but thought with it just having a big update, it would be ready to go but apperently not. It's working fine now. I don't know why this fix works for me while clearing cache doesn't. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not know this function,
I tried now to do it.
But nothing appears if I do.
Only in some cases it tells me if I want to open Bridge

Shouldn't a reset menu appear like you say? To confirm or otherwise ...?

I use Windows 10

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I succeeded with the hard reset, I deleted both chache and reset to default values.

Alt + Ctrl + Shift, pressed immediately after starting Bridge
(I did it at the same time but it didn't work ... that's why)

Here I am also attaching a guide found a little while ago.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/bridge/kb/troubleshoot-errors-freezes-bridge.html

For now it seems to have worked but I wait ...
Now the famous folder of 800 and pass raw file keeps the generated preview, it always becomes faster in the generation and heats up the CPU less.

I am afraid that in the installation of ver 2022, bringing with it the settings of the previous versions, it could not integrate well with the system.

I have been open for about 5 days support with Adobe, but strangely they still have not answered me.
I'm a little disappointed anyway.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried it with 2021 and 2022 and neither works.  I've reset all prefs, purged cache, tried different setting and nothing. At all.  Brutal.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone figure this out? I have a brand new macbook pro 2021 and am trying to use Bridge 2022 for the first time and it's useless....slow to do anything, getting stuck....not usable....

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly Bridge is still made for Intel. (January 2022).

Screen Shot 2022-01-22 at 7.12.58 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-22 at 7.13.19 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't accept my community login.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, completely unuseable. I've never found Bridge to be very stable but everything I click on now sends the spinning beachball into a 5, 10, 30 second spin. I uninstalled for an earlier version.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dealing with this today too. C'mon Adobe, you're a $500B company that can't even make a decent filebrowser? Have they given up?

I'm using an M1 Max with a 5000MB/s drive and rendering thumbnails for 2000 images from an iPhone takes 20 minutes? Are you kidding me?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is news of the next update?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem Solved: Replace Bridge with ACDSee.

I've used Adobe products for 28 years. I've been patiently waiting for an update, but Bridge 2022 did nothing to remedy the situation. 

After a ton of research and tryouts, I found ACDSEE. It's well supported. It makes 200 thumbs in about a second. It's UI is customizable enough, and even though it's different, I'm kicking down $80. It's on sale until March 1, 2022. 

No more excuses. No more waiting. Problem solved. I am using it as my file browser, and it opens the files in Photoshop no problem.  Just tweak the keyboard shortcuts.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to use ACDSee 20 years ago, it was performing really well. Thanks for the reminder, will do the same.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel the same - it's been years of awfulness and instablility with Bridge. The main clients of Adobe are ARTISTS - I can't beleive they have not felt inspired to fix this issue. We just need to be able to browse our files - it kills me that this simple thing is too big an ask. It's at the center of my workflow and I wish I got money back for all the headaches it's given me over the past few years.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for your feedback.
Please try updating to ACR 14.3 release, that should fix the issue.

Let us know if you still face the same.

Thanks,

Bridge Team

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines