This will be the last beta release reporting that I do on this version.
1. The scrollbars in the Favorites and Folders are too narrow. I am constantly grabbing a folder and dragging it instead of sliding the scrollbar. There is plenty of width for a 'standard width scrollbar' And don't follow Microsoft's lead on this either. They've got it dead wrong too.
2. Clicking on the Title Bar of an undocked window does not make the contents of that window active. It seems that the program could do that for us if there is only one tab. I believe we need a bit more than the blue square and outline, although I'm not sure what would be best.
3. When you filter files with an expression, if you change ANY part of the filename the file is no longer displayed after the change, even if you haven't altered the name in such a way as to violate the search term.
4. Have I mentioned that the scrollbar is too narrow on the Favorites/Folders pane. I'm very serious about that. I narrowly averted dragging a folder off into neverland no less than 5 times today.
5. Bridge gets into a mode where the thumbnail images don't wrap. There's only one row of thumbs. Resetting the workspace does not fix the problem, and neither does a restart of the program.
6. Today's new 'gift feature' involves the application setting the thumbnail size to MAX whenever you switch between the detail and thumbnail/grid modes. It seems to do this whenever the slider is in a 30% size or greater. Brand new, just today.
I'll have to consider this last bug my "Et tu, Brute" moment. I can no longer use this app. It was a highly complex upgrade, released too early. Understood. It happens...I'll wait for notice of the next release.
Here is the non-wrapping thumbnail image that I forgot to include earlier.
7. Left / Right arrows don't work after returning one folder level up. Selected tile jumps randomly. Seriously, like a bug in first semester programming. Heartbreaking.
8. The whole tabs thing in itself is a flawed concept, but the fact that the + to open up a new tab jumps from one active tab to the next, is preposterous. Give us COMMAND + N back. And COMMAND + W. Adobe, are you trying to work AGAINST or WITH industry standards established over decades?
In case you haven't noticed, your sales dept. has ALREADY succeeded in making us pay per month / year. YOU DON'T NEED TO COME UP WITH FANCY NEW FEATURES like other companies / industries do.
The one thing we're asking of you, in return, is a STABLE PROFESSIONAL PLATFORM. That's why we all agree to auto-pay for this.
You are not TikTok or Instagram, and chances are slim your Creative Cloud ever will be, hate to break the news. YOU BUILD APPS FOR NERDS, accepet it. We do, we love what we do, incl. keyboard shortcuts and deadlines. Do you? Please provide stable software without surprises or new things we need to learn every month, so that A WORKFLOW can establish itself and yield EFFICIENCY.
What you just released with Bridge 23 is quite the OPPOSITE of efficiency. It's a buggy prosumer release that caters to neither the consuming mainstream nor the professional creatives that have been your trusty paying clients. Up until now.