• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge can't rename audio files.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When browsing audio files in Bridge, if you try to rename the file, you get an error stating the file is open in another process.  I bet you it's because of the audio preview in Bridge.  Ridiculous that these two critical features in Bridge conflict with each other.  Is there a fix in sight for this?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of file? Mac or Windows?

I have no trouble renaming MP3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mp3, flac, wav, aif/aiff, ogg
Windows 11, Bridge up to date

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2023 Aug 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only test on Windows 10.

I was able to reproduce the problem with an m4v file. I think the original poster @MarkyMarkM is right that it has sometihng to do with the audio/video preview playing. When I turned off play automatically when previewed, I did not get the renaming error. 

gregreser_0-1693068092887.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're definitely onto something here. Turning off autoplayback partially helps, but with odd/interesting behavior. After turning off autoplayback, I can rename any file so long as it hasn't been played yet. After I've played and paused a file, Bridge holds onto it as "in-use" until I close down and restart Bridge. So I can no longer rename that particular file until restarting. I can still rename any other file that hasn't been played yet without restarting Bridge.

At first, fiddling around with renaming & playing a bunch of stuff, it looked like Bridge seems to only mark one file as "in-use" at a time. If I previewed/played audio file A so it could no longer be renamed, then previewed/played file B & stopped it, Bridge would release A & grab B, marking B as "in-use". Then I could rename file A again.

Simply playing/previewing another file to break Bridge's hold on the file I want to rename looked like a pretty reasonable workaround, but then that behavior stopped working too: Bridge stopped letting go of files even after I previewed other ones, and I ended up needing to restart after all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like there is definatly a connection. Too bad you workaraound stopped working. You might try navigating to another folder, then back. That might break the connection. Also try View > Refresh (F5)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @MarkyMarkM ,

Thank you for reporting the issue to us. We’ve added this to our engineering issue pipeline.

Regards,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines