• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge CC 2019 preview not working for video effects (still)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is that Bridge CC is not showing a preview of any effects in the Library. I have researched this issue and apparently this has been an issue for many years.

Issue:

1. When trying to add an effect to Adobe After Effects CC 2019 via Bridge CC 2019, the preview of the effect will not play (see screen where it just shows a thumbnail).

2. Solutions seem to be to reset preferences OR to load an older version of After Effects. I have reset preferences, dumped cache etc to no avail. This issues has been going on for years, so that solution does not make sense.

3. This issue is different than others are having about thumbnails "going crazy". Thumbnails images display fine, effects do not preview at all.

Any solutions to this issue?

Image: This shows the effects, and the right side preview is only displaying a thumbnail, not playing the effect.

Screen Shot 2018-10-19 at 10.24.38 AM.png

TOPICS
Bug , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been broken in Bridge for a while.

These motion Island links will give you previews.

You will then need to apply it in Ae manually.

After Effects Text Animation Presets Preview Gallery

Preview the After Effects Image Effect

http://blog.motionisland.com/preview-the-after-effects-image-effects/#.XQshIS2B2L5

hth

.mj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2019 Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is from Oct 19, 2018--almost a year later--and this is still an issue. Has anyone found a solution for Mac users? Is Adobe even attempting to fix this so-common issue that a third party had to create a series of GIFs?

I've followed all suggestions in this thread (launching PP first, then bridge, ect., clearing caches, resetting preferences, ect. ect.) Still does not work. This is not a nvidia issue--I am on the 2019 iMac which uses AMD. This is an Adobe programs not talking to eachother through Bridge properly issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem with me. After uninstall, re-install nothing works !

i am on mac osx 10.14.6 and all CC updated softwares form Adobe.

BAD from Adobe !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really too weird to be true. It's kind of hard to believe that we can't preview the annimations, such a waste of time !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh. I came here hoping for answers, but it seems Adobe doesn't care? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ur right and that's a shame from Adobe !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears there is still no fix on this. I even tried going to an earlier version as was suggested and that didn't help. I'm a full subscriber.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jameswest22

I had the same problem with Bridge preview of animated GIF's (I have full Adobe CC license). The preview was just a static picture. I haven't tried with .ffx files but my video files (in different formats) works normally with full preview. I only had this problem on my home PC not on the PC at my work..?

I right clicked on the thumbnail of the GIF in Bridge Content panel - from the roll down i chose PURGE CACHE FOR SELECTION and that gave me the animated preview of that single GIF back again - You can select all the files i content panel that doesn't have animated preview and bulk purge them.

When I had purged several of the GIF's Bridge froze. I stopped Bridge in Task Manager reopened Bridge, but now the possibility of purging the GIF's was gone, and none of the GIF's were animated in the preview panel. I restarted my PC and then the purge option worked again but the GIF files that I had purged previously were static again...

I hope this solution works for you and everyone else - until Adobe comes up with a solution (looks like that may take some time)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I just tested it in the latest release of Ae (17.11) Build 34 and Br (10.1.0.163) and it's working again. Yay!

The playback will happen in the preview panel of course.

Playbacks are faster too.

hth

mj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines