• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge CC hangs/freezes with AE animation presets.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2013 Oct 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone else have the issue of Bridge CC hanging/freezing when an AE animation preset is selected in Bridge?  This happens whether I Browse Presets from AE or I attempt to navigate to the presets folder directly through Bridge CC.

I have uninstalled and re-installed both programs, with no success.  I can still apply an animation preset to a layer from the presets panel in AE, but of course there is no preview, so this is a bit frustrating.  Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2014 Feb 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, for those with the problem: is Bridge CS6 installed or not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 14, 2014 Feb 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both,  on my MBP yes   Bridge CS6 behaves perfectly but Bridge CC fails.  On my iMacs, no with only CC installed  2 of the 6 fail despite reinstalling

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2014 Feb 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only have the CC apps installed on my MBP. Still having the same problems with Bridge freezing when trying to preview AE effects, works fine with other apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2014 Apr 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's almost May and I haven't seen Adobe step in and solve this problem, yet. I teach After Effects at various places around the Bay Area and the problem shows up on some computers and not others. The computers I've seen affected/infected with the hang are iMacs running Lion and Mountain Lion. The ones running mountain lion are the 2.7Ghz Intel Core i5s running 10.8.5 (the generation that began featuring USB3 and 2 Thunderbolt ports. The ones running Lion are a generation older than that. Adobe tech support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2014 May 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm having the same problem, AE CC 12.2.1.5 presets freeze Bridge CC on a new iMac using Maverick 10.9.2.  Just got off the phone with tech support.  Have been escalated to Level 2 at Adobe. Have to wait for them to call me back : (   Anybody know anything more about this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2014 May 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues - any response from Adobe for anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2014 Jul 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, PLEASE address this problem!  It's a GIANT pain in the ass for trainers and consultants.

My colleagues have been in contact with your tech support people since mid-February; today is July 3.

We're running After Effects CC 2014, build 13.0.0.214, on Mavericks 10.9.4.

In this configuration, animations will not preview, but will attach to a selected layer or Composition.  However, Bridge craps out entirely afterward, and has to be Force Quit.

Please address your user community with an update; even a "we're working on it" would be nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2014 Jul 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, working in an iMac 10.9.3, running after effects 2014. Have reinstalled Bridge but it's still hanging and crashing when trying to preview animations. Could really do with hearing fro Adobe on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2014 Jul 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I was having this same problem with Bridge. (Presets hanging and Bridge hanging in general). I renamed switchboard based on advice on this thread. Re: Minibridge Error - Waiting for Bridge CS6 -Boom! all my Bridge problems seem to be solved. -AE CC2014, Bridge CC, Mac OS 10.9.4. I hope it works for you.

-Chip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2015 Feb 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is "switchboard"?

What do you mean you "renamed switchboard"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2015 Mar 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THE FIX BELOW WORKED FOR ME

Apparently the preview freeze is caused by a Bridge process called Switchboard. Ignore the CS5 version number in the link below, Switchboard is still the cause of the problem in CC etc.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/error-waiting-for-bridge-cs5.html

Thanks.

~mo~

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was recently having the EXACT same problem with AE on my 2010 iMac, completely did not work and ended up constantly freezing Bridge CC completely to the point where I couldn't even force quit it and had to restart and then kept getting Cache error messages every time I launched it. It works fine on my Mac Pro desktop. This is what seemed to fix it though, go to User (small house logo) > Library > Caches > Adobe > Bridge CC .... open the Adobe Bridge folder and delete the 'Adobe Bridge Plug-in Cache' and the Cache folder. Empty the trash, restart and relaunch AE and see if Bridge CC now works when browsing and previewing text effects. It worked for me hopefully it will for you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2016 Mar 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Hopefully my post won't be considered as spam, I found this preview gallery page that list all the After effects text animation, so if Adobe Bridge is still not working for you it is a good alternative, you can preview each text preset animations and see which one you like best, hope this help.

After Effects Text Animation Presets Preview Gallery

Best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with presets preview on adobe bridge CC 2017. Completely freezes the program.

macOS Sierra, Quicktime 10.4 (891), 2,9 GHz Intel Core i5, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M 512 MB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem here as others. Removing the Bridge CC cache didn't work for me.

I had contacted Adobe on this a while back, and they did a couple of things on my late-2015 iMac (I wasn't really watching, and too many things to try to remember now). Worked for a while; but somehow I'm back to square one.

There is one workaround that seem sot work for me, hopefully it will work for others too. Instead of calling Bridge CC from AE, I opened Bridge 5.1 and saved the presets folder as a favorite. Then (at least) I can preview them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with MacOS Sierra 10.12.4 and with Adobe Bridge CC 2017 and still have this problem. Still no solution? Adobe, help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Laulief,

What is the After Effects version are you using.

Bridge CC 2017 works with After Effects CC 2017.

Thanks,

Deepak Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am using After Effects CC 2017 as well, have the full CC software. Also still have a problem with Indesign 2017, is going super slow so i use the 2015 version for that. With some update Indesign didn't work well and couldn't play the previews in Bridge.

You have an idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines