Think I may have made errr in attempt to post. Bridge continually crashes ever since upgrade to Big Sur. An Adobe associate did a screen share and only worked 1 day after efforts. Have to go to my 13"
Windows laptop to view anything. With 100's of photos and images just no reason to be wasting time like this...Any help?
We're sorry about the trouble due to Bridge crashing on macOS Big Sur. Would you mind sharing the exact version of Bridge you're using along with the version of Big Sur?
Please ensure that Bridge has the necessary permissions on the Mac by following the steps mentioned below:
1. Go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab.
2. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left & check if Bridge is added to the list with a check mark in front of it.
3. If Bridge is not a part of the list, please add it by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon & navigating to the Applications folder.
4. Also, grant permissions to Bridge under Full disk access located in the same list as Accessibility.
5. Once done, restart the Mac & check if it helps.
You can also check out: Troubleshoot Bridge for freezes and performance issues
Please let us know how it goes!
Can you please share with us what was done during that screenshare?
FWIW, I've been on Big Sur for some time and have not had any consistant crashes as you describe.
Meanwhile, have you rebuilt Bridge's Preferences*? Are there any other applications on your Mac that have been crashing more than normal (and no, I'm not saying crashing is normal, just a crash here or there is not uncommon on most applications but very often is obviously an indication that something is wrong).
* Quit Bridge if running and when restarting, have the buttons "Shift, Option, & Command" pressed. This should bring up a window asking various options, please check on the one that say something to the effect delete Bridge's Preferences." Click yes. When Bridge starts up it wil create a new fresh set of Preferences. IF the problem is related to that, than that should solve the problem. Crossed fingers that this is related to your problem