• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge is not showing thumbnails. Where can I rectify this?

Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning when I opened Bridge no thumbnails were visible (in Filmstrip mode), except for those image in a folder which had been open when I closed the computer down last night. I have unistalled and reinstalled Bridge but no thumbnails have appeared. Please help.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Click View > Refresh and see if that solves the problem.

If that does not help, reset Bridge Preferences (reinstalling Bridge does not automatically wipe and reset Prefs.)

To reset Preferences:

Start Adobe Bridge and immediately press Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS) until the Reset Settings dialog box appears. Select all three options--Reset Preferences, Reset Standard Workspaces, and Purge Entire Thumbnail Cache--and then click OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

btw, I'm assuming that means OneDrive files must physically be on your computer for this to work.  I use OneDrive to sync physical files between my desktop and laptop; this may not work if you use OneDrive for files in a network environment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same/similar issue. Running Ventura 13.4.1 on a Macbook Pro - Bridge cc 13.0.3 (up to date) 2023.  I checked the prefernces on the computer (allow full access to disk and files/folders), did the reset as suggested above (Command, Option, Shift), reinstalled Bridge, clicked restore under theView tab - no thumbnails.  The folders are all listed on the side - same as they are listed in finder, but the content is not in Bridge. (see below)

The files are still on the computer and I can "open with photoshop" to access any of them from finder.  A quick note - I save photos/files to my computer, not to the cloud.

A couple of peculiarities:  The thumbnail option under the View tab is greyed out (see below), and I cannot move a jpg from my desk top into Bridge (I get the circle with slash prohibiting the action).  Normally I can just drop it in.

I'm at a loss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! What worked for me is I changed my limit of processing the images on Adobe Bridge by Going to Adobe Bridge --> Preferences --> Do Not Process Files Larger than --> 10,000 (Increasing from 1000 to 10000)

Screen Shot 2023-06-28 at 12.12.42 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I called Adobe support and we installed the previous version of Bridge (12) and everything was there!  We installed 13 again (without removing 12) to see if the problem was fixed but 13 still wasn't showing any files. He recommended I run the old version until the next update in a month or so.  So I'm running version 12 and as of this morning it's working fine. Go figure. I was running 13 just fine until I reset the preferences because the workspace display did something funky. Might be a bug in the current version (13) that gimps after reset.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 24, 2023 Jul 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started using Bridge because Windows File Explorer would not show Adobe image previews. Now I have the reverse issue, that Adobe Bridge does not show my image thumbnails whenever they have some correspondance to Microsoft (like OneDrive). Someone mentioned MS Teams. Not sure, but are these two companies at war with each other?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so i had this same issue (July 2023) for months and nothing i read in any forums helped, and I had the latest Bridge version and Camera Raw version and reasonably up to date OS but no preview images were showing in bridge even when i empty cache and refesh view etc etc,  but i just had a chat with Adobe rep and solved the problem.

Apparentlty its a permission issue, so as instructed i went to system preferences on the computer and then to 'security and privacy' and then to 'full disk access' and noticed Bridge is not showing up there in the list, so the issue was that my Bridge did not have permission to view my things i guess, which should've been established when i installed the program but whatever.....I added Bridge to the list of prograns and now the problem is solved. 

And as a back up option, i worked out that Bridge will show previews of images that are sitting on the desktop or in others folders when going via the desktop.....so if i have a folder on the desktop and drag an image from it onto the Bridge app it will open the folder but not show the images, whereas if i open the desktop in Bridge then double click on the folder to open it, it will show them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gavin27329359uhhb!
Which OS are you using? Windows? Mac? 
I was trying to follow your advise but dont have the settings you mention. 
Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey there, sorry forgot to include that info, I am on Ventura on MAC. See attached

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2023 Aug 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the solution for me. Go to Tools/ Cache and then select "Purge cache for folder x". This resetted my thumbnails and they are now all visible again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2023 Sep 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actual solution: Right click on image not loading thumbnail and click 'develop settings > camera raw default' and voila!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2023 Sep 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried EVERYTHING on this entire thread, and nothing worked....and then i realized, somehow, my cloud storage was disconnected to my computer. Reconnected it an voila! IT WORKS. Weird that it could see the files, but not acess the preview, but that's what happened. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2024 May 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been having this issue as well and finally found something that seems to have solved it -- it could be that you have your settings set in a way that don't show thumbnails over a certain size (I've mainly been having this issue since I upgraded to a mirrorless camera with MUCH larger in progress PSD files).  Go to settings, then thumbnails, and the top line should be where you can set your preview limit for larger thumbnails.  Then purge your cache and you should be good.  Worked for me.  Here is an article about the same thing.... https://asktimgrey.com/2022/12/06/some-previews-missing-in-adobe-bridge/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines