• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge Preview incorrect - does not show dissolve pattern over picture

Contributor ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a series of images created in Photoshop, all with dissolve pattern (color layer on dissolve blending mode) - but Bridge does not display that. It shows a completely differnet looking image in the preview.

Why does Bridge 11.1 ignore the dissolve layer and does not show the same picture as Photoshop? What is this bug in the preview that changes the picture and how could I fix this?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot please?

And to cover bases ahead of time, what format are you saving the images in and I'm going to guess (please verify) that you have many layers in your images? If so, as a test, can you please do the "hand smash" and create the "Command/Control-Shift/Alt/Option-e" of a flattend everything in a new layer on top (easily discarded after the test) and let us know if that version does or does not have the issue? [I'm just trying to get ahead of things that might be creeping in — if you've found a bug, this might help locate the issue.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and for the screenshot a PS version AND the Bridge version please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Gary.

You are right, flattening the image removes the dissolve pattern. 

So this is a Photoshop problem, not a Bridge problem.

Flattening the image should not change the images.

So for this thread the problem is solved. It was seen in the most recent photoshop 21 and Bridge 11.1, also most recent version, on Mac OS X Catalina.

This difference of image between layered and flattened version is unsettling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gary, your mailbox is full and can no longer accept replies to your private messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gary, I again got the error message from the Adobe private message system that the message is undeliverable because the mailbox is full.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dang, let me contact Adobe on this to try and figure out what's going on.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines