Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge problem

Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2024 Mar 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Problem with Adobe  Bridge. Mac os 14.4.1 and bridge 14.0.3.200. Get photos camera => (advanced dialog) This device does contain any supported media. The problem started after the update. All memory cards have the same problem. (Nikon Z7 and XQD cards). Photoshop and camera raw are also the latest versions.

Best regards Markus

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 09, 2024 May 09, 2024

Hi, @Markus277665258ui4, it's not uncommon to have to do the "permission" thing again after an update, but it's also not always going to be required. I wish I knew why that was, but that's beyond my pay grade. Either way, it's an Apple thing and has nothing to do with ANY other application (Microsoft, Adobe, etc.).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2024 May 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Could you please share the following details about the issue:

• Are you able to see the device content in finder?
  • Please try browsing device content directly in Bridge.

Thanks,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2024 May 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes in (mac) finder i can see, but in bridge i cant see content directly
from the device.

-Markus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like you've not given Bridge permission to access the external drives. Have you? For more information, here's how. Simply, this is an Apple protection issue, not Adobe's issue. 

Go into the System Preferences and select the Privacy & Security tab on the left. Note that there are two options on the right you'll need to deal with: "Files and Folders," and "Full Disk Access."

gary_sc_0-1715267112475.png

First, going into Files and Folders, note that in various years of different releases of Adobe Bridge, different needs are needed. I do not know why this is, but it's always better to check and make sure that just because you did it for one release, you may or may not need it for a subsequent release.

gary_sc_1-1715267112475.png

Lastly, go into the Full Disk Access option. If you do not see your application in the list, click on the "+" symbol at the very bottom of the window. This will bring up a standard Finder window. Navigate to your Applications Folder, find Adobe Bridge, and add it to the list (You will need to add your Administrator's password to do this.). Then you can "switch" it to the "ON" position. 

gary_sc_2-1715267112475.png

Please let us know if this works or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

These tips started to work, thank you very much for your help : )
Perhaps afrer mac update it stopped working.

-Markus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, @Markus277665258ui4, it's not uncommon to have to do the "permission" thing again after an update, but it's also not always going to be required. I wish I knew why that was, but that's beyond my pay grade. Either way, it's an Apple thing and has nothing to do with ANY other application (Microsoft, Adobe, etc.).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines