• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge Sorting

Participant ,
Apr 16, 2017 Apr 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been searching for an answer to this for several years now. I have tried suggestions but I still can't keep sorting options to date created. I have tried creating a workspace and checked SAVE SORT ORDER AS PART OF THE WORKSPACE! It totally ignores that and always defaults to Filename sort. It use to stay date created if i click that option when i open Bridge now its even worse--- if work in photoshop for a few minutes and come back to Bridge it changes back to sort by Filename. Its like there is a gremlin thats messing with me and constantly is determined to sort by Filename. And WHY is that the default? Who decided this was the best file sort? Im so frustrated with this glitch I could scream. I know such a little issue but years of putting up with this has finally drove me insane!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

First, try resetting Bridge’s preferences:

Troubleshoot Adobe Bridge for errors and freezes

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, try resetting Bridge’s preferences:

Troubleshoot Adobe Bridge for errors and freezes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 06, 2017 May 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course that was the first thing I tried.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2017 May 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t have your problem with different versions of Bridge, the column sort is retained. What version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm suddenly having the same issue I don't see where this issue was resolved on this board.

I'm using the most recent version of bridge. I've purged the cache, I've uninstalled and reinstalled, I've follow all the suggested steps in the referenced link and nothing is working. The sort order keeps reverting to 'filename' even when I just minimize the BR window

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same, sorting reverts to Filename, no matter what...  this is NOT answered....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with all the comments regarding the sort option issues in Bridge. Adobe promotes creating a efficent work flow. This problem with Bridge makes creating that work flow much more difficult.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad mine didn't screw up till 2023 but now the same problem and is has screwed up decades of manual sorting.  

very angry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2023 Sep 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem using Bridge 2024 version 14.0.0.102 everytime I import raw images from SD or CF card the sorting order reverts to filename...

I've reset preferences etc etc 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's 2023 with all the latest updates, and my Bridge doesn't automatically sort from manual to name but from name to manual—one of the many annoying Gremlins programmed to sabotage our workflow. Apple does the same thing. Another weird thing is after batch re-naming, bridge jumps to the bottom, and I have to scroll to find the files re-named. I hope the programmers are enjoying themselves now as they will have to deal with their conscience later. I wish Steve Jobs were still around to save us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines