• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge wont generate thumbnails for 4k .mov files

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue using bridge where it wont generate thumbnails for 4k .mov files. They display just fine in Windows Explorer, so this is definatly an issue with Bridge.

Bridge is fully up to date, and I have already tried many other suggestions including:
Purging the cache
Ticking/unticking 'Generate Monitor Sized Previews'

Ticking/unticking 'use softeware rendering'
Changing the 'do not preocess files larger than X mb' value
Trying an older version of Bridge

Any other suggestions greatfully recieved!

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 20H2
Installed on ‎11/‎12/‎2020
OS build 19042.746
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Steve5C12 

Thanks for your feedback.
Could you share the following details about the issue:

• Bridge version
  • Is the issue specific to a particular mov file or all the mov files?
  • Are all other video file formats working fine?
  • Can user share the Bridge logs at :  
    • Bridge logs, you can find Bridge log file “BridgeLog.log” at:
      • WIN - %appdata%\Roaming\Adobe\Bridge 2021

If possible, could you please share the sample file/files and logs on which you are observing the issue at sharewithbr@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi support

I have the same issue when trying to preview MOV files in Br. Dont see a thumbnail either.

Any fix on this please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Use the Bridge Vers. 2022 and .mov files are not displayed thumbnails and also not played. Is highly frustrating as I pay a lot of money monthly for this software. When will there be a solution for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same issue here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got off the phone with Adobe. They said that it is because of the files created on an iphone, they are encrypted and Bridge cannot read them....is it me or is Adobe starting to suck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe this has been reported so long ago and the issue still persist with no update from Adobe. @ankursingh10 I have also shared files in PR for testing and nothing. All codecs updated and .MOV and other iPhone files don't build thumbs but in Windows Explorer, they work fine.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 11, 2023 Sep 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Initially, I was unable to see thumbnails and playback .mov files from Adobe Bridge 2023.

However, this was only the case for .mov files that were transferred from my iPhone 11 to my Windows 10 computer when using the "Keep Originals" transfer setting in the Photos app settings.

All other .mov files from my Canon DSLR camera and stock footage sites like Freepik have thumbnails and are playable within Adobe Bridge 2023 from what I tested.

So if anyone is using an IOS device for recording their .mov files, you may be able to solve the problem if you change the Photos app transfer setting to "Automatic" as shown below in the attached image.

IOS Photo App Settings for Adobe Bridge.jpg 

Note that this setting seems to affect all video files regardless of whether they were taken using the default IOS camera app or not, as this setting also solved the issue for my gimbal footage which was shot using the Insta360 IOS camera app. 

Make sure to change this setting before you connect your IOS device to your computer as the setting change doesn't seem to take effect while connected to your MAC or PC.

Also, note the "Automatic" setting causes footage to take longer to transfer to your computer since it auto-converts every file before copying it, even though it stays as a .mov file.

This conversion method however may cause some visual artifacts sometimes as it did for me in the past so it may be better to just manually re-convert the .mov files yourself on your computer. It's not ideal but it is another workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines