• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw editing is not enabled.Camera Raw editing requires that a qualifying product has been lau

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2012 Oct 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera Raw editing is not enabled. Camera Raw editing requires that a qualifying product has been launched at least once to enable this feature.This appears when the open in camera raw disc is clicked in bridge. any solutions??

TOPICS
Camera RAW , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Bridge is free to download and use. Adobe Camera RAW isn't free. You need a valid version of Photoshop to use ACR through Bridge.

Simple there are 3 qualifying programs. Photoshop, Photoshop Elements and possibly Lightroom. But ACR is built into, inside, LR so no real need for Bridge or the PS ACR plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to use bridge not light room. is it not possible to use bridge to colour correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No and yes. 

Bridge cannot but Adobe Camera Raw can. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Signing out of Creative Cloud and signing in back solved for me.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2023 Sep 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's amazing to me that this problem still exists, but I have had the issue for more than a year, on my home PC, but not my work PC.  I have contacted Adobe support, and twice rendered control of my PC to them remotely and watched as they literally spent hours changing registry settings, deleting folders, and apps.  It's almost funny to watch the techs go through the same steps and they go to rename an old folder and you can see it's already been done previously because of folder names.  I've had the issue escalated and received phone calls (sometimes they call my office number when the problem is at home), had remote techs run through steps, uninstalled and reinstalled countless times.

The stupid part is that Camera Raw does work when I double-click an image from Bridge, just not when I select 'Open in Camera Raw'.  I've spent years getting accustomed to using a menu option that seems to no longer work.

And yes, I've followed the basic support page multiple times, and I do have a paid subscription to all the Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2023 Dec 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here with me... still no solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opening an old thread, Adobe tells me it is a subscription issue with a file somewhere. Anyone have any updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went through several updates over time, and it's working normally again.  Nothing has changed with the subscription during that time.

I can't imagine Adobe really knows what it is, since I let them control my PC twice, and both times they completely removed and re-installed the software, stopping hidden services, deleting secret folders and so on.  Only for the problem to persist at the time.

I have other issues with my subscription where I run on home and work computers, and I typically can't run anything Adobe on my office PC unless I reboot.  Funny thing is it subscription issue says something to the effect, "You can't run Photoshop on MyWorkPC until you logout one of the sessions from MyHomePC or MyWorkPC"

I am within the license of running on 2 computers (I work from home half the time), and rebooting the work PC clears the issue for several days.

All I can say is good luck, try some alternate methods to open in ACR, and be patient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here with me...

Somehow it sovled itself, I guess with some automatic update. 

Hat multiple tries with Adobe Support with no success, just like you. 

Now , just like magic, I can open RAWs without any issues again, just how it should be. 

Let's just hope Adobe doesn't unknowingliy mess up again. 

Good luck to all... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a telephone support call booked with Adobe today, let's see what happens.

On my PC it works fine with Bridge 12, but not later versions.

Regards,

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines