• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't rate WAV files in Bridge

New Here ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the subject says, if I try to rate WAV files, the rating I am clicking does nothing.  Rating mp3's works fine.

TOPICS
Bug , Metadata , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2024 Mar 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. My Nikon Z8 saves comments about an image as a WAV file; I would like to rate the WAV file along with the associated image when I'm pruning down to the "good ones." But I cannot give a star value to a WAV file, nor can I assign it a color label or do anything from the "Label" menu by clicking an entry or using the shortcut key. Please fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am here searching for the same troubleshooting but for SVG. I cannot apply stars to any SVG files, which seems bizarre given how commonly used the format is. Is SVG one of the files that doesn't accept this metadata?

Macbook Air M1 Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71) 8GB | All Adobe apps are up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am here searching for the same troubleshooting but for SVG. I cannot apply stars to any SVG files, which seems bizarre given how commonly used the format is. Is SVG one of the files that doesn't accept this metadata?

By @CMMConcepts

It's not about how commonly used a file format may be, it is about whether the file format was written to accept metadata and then what kind of metadata... Or that Bridge has the limitation if it is known that the file format can accept the required metadata.

https://www.w3.org/TR/SVGTiny12/metadata.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

I only referenced how common SVG is meaning that it seemed odd that it wasn't written to accept (Adobe) metadata.

I tried to understand the content behind the link, but it was quite over my head. I think it was basically saying that one needs to know XML to edit the metadata. Or specific to my quest, I'm SOL?

Thank you for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Now I'm thinking it's just something buggy in Bridge. I stopped here first and then went to Bridge for the first time today. It immediately let me rate about the first 50 SVGs (including those I couldn't yesterday) but no more.

I'm confused enough about optimizing the capabilities of these apps. I'm at a complete loss trying to troubleshoot. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2024 Mar 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Different file formats permit different metadata to be embedded. Audio and video formats are often limited compared to image formats (and not all image formats support all types of metadata).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines