• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant eject hard drive because Bridge is holding it hostage.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try to eject the hard drive from Bridge and nothing happens.

I have to close Bridge entirely to be able to eject the hard drive from finder once Bridge has been open and browsed said hard drive.

I've been searching the forums for a similar problem/solution, but haven't found anything.

Can anyone point me towards a solution to this? I really like using Bridge over finder, but this but drives me up the wall.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haven't seen any pigs flying have  you ....................

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been an issue for years Adobe.  You are raking in cash every month, why has this not been fixed?  Having to close Bridge everytime I have to eject an SD is really getting old.  This is one reason I switch to Davinci Resolve.  They address issues quickly and everything runs smooth.  This post is from almost three years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Davinci Resolve could be the prgramn that finally forces Adobe to start listening & fixing things. Adobe Premiere Pro now looks like it is being abandoned in large numbers by a lot of high profile pro filmmakers/YouTubers in favour of DR. Adobe seems to be frantically trying to kiss their a**es by inviting them out to meet with them for feedback, to get them to come back and stop saying how cr*p Adobe is. I have now finally binned Premiere to just use DR instead. If other software companies find a way to fill in the blanks on the other programs Adobe has the market cornered on, and deals with the ongoing development, updates & customer support in the same way Black Magic do with DR, then Adobe is in BIG trouble

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My presumption is that no one from Adobe really gives a damn how many times someone bumps a topic. But I'll add my two cents here. I've been dealing with the same problem forever and I even called into customer service to complain.

Pardon the long post, but this isn't the first time I've had ongoing issues with adobe products or the first time this has apparently happened by the length of this thread.

First, I don't know if you can call it customer service, talking to an adobe rep is like talking to AI. I tell the rep that bridge hijacks my external drives and I can't unmount. I tell him all the things I did to try to remedy the situation including deleting preferences, uninstalling, the usual nonsense. This guy proceeds to walk me through the fix and basically tells me to do all the same things again. Each time I repeat, "did that, did that, did that already". Finally the flustered rep pushes me onto level II techs I guess. That guy says, no problem, let me remote into your machine and I'll fix the problem for sure (very confident). I let him remote in, this guy proceeds to start clicking into my personal folders, he's just bouncing around without a clue of where to look or what to do. Doesn't seem like he's comfortable with Macs, I tell him on the phone, hey buddy, I have proprietery files on this computer, how about not clicking into all my folders." he responds "oh, sorry, looking for the search bar" - it's a Mac, you realize it's a mac, look up at the right....

He clicks and unclicks and clicks for 35 minutes. He tells me he doesn't believe that Bridge is causing the problem. Has no clue what he's doing. I hang up, kill the remote connection and call up to complain. dead issue.

look at the screen capture of the desktop notification window. Either I'm blind, don't understand english or that says "ADOBE BRIDGE" won't let the drive eject.

Maybe people should post all these their thread comments on social media and news outlet websites. People should know the only application that works flawlessly is their ecommerce payment system that takes your credit card info......

or maybe someonen from adobe will read this and actually pass it along for a fix. Hey you guys were great about scripting a social media scheduler.... not sure what the hell that has to do with graphics but if you can do that, you can fix bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still nave the problem too. The latest version of Bridge and PS. 2022. I just shut down Bridge and then eject. I must admit I'd rather an Adobe programmer work on the 'Save as...' multiple arcane filename list (which affects me every time I save as...), rather than this storage eject issue, which I can work around. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it is worth, this is still broken in May 2023 😐

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2023 Jun 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, June 2023 and read the entire thread and still no fix.  The first time it happened, I quit bridge and was able to eject the card.  Beginning to happen consistently and it's starting to be annoying.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2023 Sep 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just jumping in with a fix that worked for me:

Disable Bridge and Creative Cloud from Login Items

I'm ejecting cards from bridge and finder like a boss now.

Hope it works for someone else as I know the pain.

Screenshot 2023-09-13 at 10.04.14 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines