Color settings won't sync/stick in CC 2019 Apps [macosx 10.14]

Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgraded to the new 2019 Versions of the CC apps today, but I am unable to sync the color settings across apps.  Also, the color setting do not stick within the individual apps. I update the universal color settings in bridge and apply, if I quit and relaunch bridge the color settings indicate they are not synced.

If I open Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign the color settings are indeed not synced.  I can manually update the settings in each app, but as soon as I quit, and relaunch, each app, the color settings have reverted back to their 'defaults'.

I have deleted all CC applications and data, run the CC Cleaner app, reinstalled CC from scratch and the color setting issue still remains.

This behavior isn't happening with the 2018 versions of the apps.  I can set a global color setting in Bridge and it will apply to all apps.

The apps maintain the color setting between quit and relaunch.

Mainly just curious if anyone else has seen this behavior?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018
I think I got it working after trashing the color preferences. Delete this file:ACEConfigCache2.lstLocated:/Users/yourusername/Library/Preferences/Adobe/ColorSame/other threat : Creative Cloud 2019 - Not respecting color settings

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution! It’s a hack, but it works for me.

The re-appearing of the deleted file ACEConfigCache2.lst seems to be the problem: If I delete it and open or switch to Adobe Photoshop it re-appears. To suppress this I just changed the write permissions of the containing folder.

Here a step by step instruction:

The re-appearing of the deleted file ACEConfigCache2.lst seems to be the problem: If I delete it and open or switch to Adobe Photoshop it re-appears. To suppress this I just changed the write permissions of the containing folder.

Here a step by step instruction:

1. Go to the color preferences folder by using the “Go to folder …” menu in finder and paste in `~/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Color`.

2. Delete the file “ACEConfigCache2.lst”.

3. Still remaining in the folder “Color” open Finder’s information panel by using the “file” menu or hitting command-i.

4. Set the File Permission for all users to “Read only”.

Please let me know, if this works for you.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much Thijs de Leeuw!!! This worked also for me.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have released a new version of Adobe Bridge CC (9.0.1.216) which also includes fix for this issue.

Request you to upgrade your Bridge version from Adobe Creative Cloud or https://creative.adobe.com/products/download/bridge

Please let us know if you face any issues.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate all the input.

I uninstalled Bridge and want to delete ACEConfigCache2.lst, but I can't find it. I've searched every way I can think of... any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating Photoshop to 20.0.1 solved my Problems without further workaround.

Please regard Re: AI CC 2019 - Color Settings keep resetting

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried everything on all these forums. Then I simply checked (set) the settings as I wanted them and hit "Save..." and saved my preferences/settings into a file that I named. Then I clicked on "Load" and voila it kept all of my settings.Screen Shot 2019-09-27 at 11.36.13 PM.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines