• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting RAW to JPEG from within Bridge

Advocate ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Bridge Version 10.1.1.166, which I believe is the latest version, on a Windows 10 PC.

When I have finished editing my RAW files I can convert them to JPEG from Bridge in two ways (maybe there are more than two ways but I am not familiar with any others.)

Method 1: I select my images in Bridge, go to Tools>Photoshop>Image Processor and choose to save as JPEG with options set as required.

Method 2: I think this may be relatively new, well it is to me! Use the Export Panel in Bridge I drag my images onto a previously created preset which is set up to export as JPEG with options set as in Method 1. There is no option here to convert the colour profile to sRGB IEC61966-2.1 but that seems to happen by default using this method. I like this method as it does not involve opening Photoshop.

Both methods work fine but I see one difference which is that Method 1 produces JPEG files with the file extension "jpg" whereas Method 2 produces JPEG files with the file extension "jpeg".

I prefer the extension "jpg" for no particular reason other than consistency as I have always used that.

I have looked around focussing particularly in Prefernce Settings to see how I can produce a consistent "jpg" extension by both methods but I have not discovered how to achieve this.

Is anyone able to enlighten me?

Thanks in anticipation.

TOPICS
Batch , How to , Image processor , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works correctly here.

Nef files created here show up with .jpeg extensions.

Try clearing the Bridge preferences.

Workflow colour profiles are determined in ACR preferences.

Setup your own custom profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say "Works correctly here" do you mean, by the two methods I have described, you always obtain the same file extension whether it be .jpg or .jpeg? I don't see that consistency on my system.

"Workflow colour profiles are determined in ACR preferences" - yes, my workflow options have colour space set to ProPhoto RGB 16 Bit.  When using the Photoshop Image Processor, under Section 3 File Type, Save as JPEG, one has the choice of whether to Convert Profile to sRGB via a checkbox. By contrast, when using the Bridge Export Panel to export as JPEG, there is no profile conversion offered, the profile is converted to sRGB whether one wants that or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True.Works similiar to what you observed.

Have you tried Dr. Browns image Pro?

May have more options for your needs.

https://www.zxpstore.com/photoshop-extension-315/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link. Will have a good look at Dr. Brown.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image Processor Pro is no longer being developed by Russell Brown, its now on Github.

As for file extensions, there isn't a way around that. You would need to batch rename after your export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For those affected by this :

PLEASE UPVOTE ON USER VOICE HERE

It's allready at11 votes.. top items seems to have about 30. Let's get this up there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines