• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

drives not being read

Advisor ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge is not reading 3 of my external hard drives.  In the screenshot, only the first drive is being read in Bridge.  File Explorer is showing that the G drive has a folder (with subfolders and files) but the G drive in Bridge, selected, shows no folders or files. Same for the F and H drives.  Why is this?  Thanks.  

bartonlew_0-1671468013238.png

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your drives are listed twice there. What do you see in Windows Explorer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see my drives being listed twice in Bridge - there are 4 of them, E, F, G & H.  I do see them listed twice in Explorer.  See screenshot below.  Not sure what the signifiance of this is.

bartonlew_0-1671487068073.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Windows doesn't see the drives correctly, I have to wonder if Bridge is going to? I'd talk to a Windows tech to get any system issues fixed and then look at Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.  Actually, Windows is not seeing the drives incorrectly.  It's breaking them out under "This PC" and then showing them as drives along with This PC in the overall tree structure (see screenshot) when This PC is twirled up.  I do think there is an issue with Bridge.  However, I won't sweat it.  I don't really use Bridge except to see my RAW thumbnails - which Windows can also show me.  

bartonlew_0-1671549362699.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines