• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files locked?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I open bridge and organize some photos, then I open one with an external photo viewer (imageglass) to cut a part of the image without needing to open photoshop because it is something simple, I finish in 4 seconds, the image is auto saved, it is reflected in bridge but... the image ends up returning to its previous state as if the file were locked, if I have imageglass open with that same photo it also returns to its previous state, just editing it with photoshop and saving it I get the expected result.
It's very similar to the access problem of files not being removed at all or appearing to still be in bridge but being removed/moved from the folder. I remember that it was related to the node.js process that allowed the import/export of files between Adobe programs

TOPICS
Bug , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, it took me a while to figure out what you were doing because you cannot "Open' a file in Bridge. Bridge is only a viewer. You opened the file in Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) and made some adjustments in that plugin. 

Adobe Camera Raw, by it's own definition CANNOT change a pixel on an image. It can only change how it is interpreted. So, any changes you made in ACR were placed as a XMP file. This file may have been contained in your inside the file (if the file was a container file) or adjacent to the file (also called a sidecar file). When you open or observe that file away from ACR, it will appear as the original file (and not locked). 

Here's an example: You did not state what the file format was, but let's say it was a jpg file. Open one of these files up and make some very obvious changes (very dark, light, different shade, whatever). If you now look at that file in Bridge, it will show all of these changes. Now look at it in Imageglass and I'll bet that all of the changes you made will be done. Now, open that jpg in PS (all of the changes should have returned), and resave that image as a new JPG image (to burn in the changes), and when you open that file NOW in Imageglass, it will show all of the changes. 

Please let me know if this is what you observe. Thanks and good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't say that I used bridge to open a photo, nor did I say that I was using raw files.

step by step what i did:

first action: open bridge and organize some photos (all jpg)

second action: open a photo (JPG) with an external photo viewer (imageglass)

third action: cut a part of the image using imageglass, without opening photoshop or camera raw (bridge is still open)

fourth action: I save the image (from imageglass), the changes are reflected in bridge but... the image ends up returning to its previous state (without cutting) as if the file were locked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are correct, I overread your original comment and assumed the situation. (In my defense, the situation I described is fairly common. )

FWIW Bridge has no capability to lock files. 

Is there any chance the files you were working with had been adjusted by ACR? I've never seen (or heard of) Imageglass so I can't test with that and I'm not near my computer so I can't try other applications that may be compatible to test that myself. But suffice to say, Bridge cannot lock a file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines