• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Find similar images or videos in our own files

Contributor ,
Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking for a way to find similar images or videos in my own photo and video libraries by using an adobe app, hopefully Bridge. Is this possible? 

For example, I need to find all photos on my system that look like another photo I selected as the source. This feature would be very useful to have in Bridge!

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This capability is not possible in Bridge, and due to the basic structure of Bridge (it doesn't look at the files as it's only a file browser), it is not likely to ever be possible. You can do this now in Lightroom Desktop (not Lightroom Classic). 

Sorry,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will they soon release that functionality to Lightroom Classic? Not sure who actually uses Lightroom Desktop, the new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably not. LRC is dependent upon the user's use of Keywording, while LRD has no place to enter keywords so it has to use AI search capabilities. My guess is that it's not likely to go that route, but I'm only guessing, and I've never been a good guesser. (LOL)

However, if you are strong with keywording, LRC can be spectacular in finding things. In LRD, you are depending upon AI which can be "iffy." Otherwise, if you "meh," with keywording, you'll get "meh" results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember a Adobe Max Sneak that demoed this very function.

it was not searching within Bridge, but on Behance: https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-max-2015-sneak-peek-videos.html

In 2011, there was Pixel Nuggets, but my memory betrayed me, it was not on Bridge either:

https://youtu.be/kDqQ2kg2I8A

It is sad, when our cell phones can search for elements contained in our pictures, to not have in our preferred browser.

Projekt lepšího vyhledávání podobných obrázků výběrem konkrétního objektu ve scéně. Na stejném principu funguje vyhledávání osob. Adobe MAX Sneaks je přednáška s ukázkami projektů, které se možná nikdy nedostanou do skutečné produkce.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pierre, I might be wrong, but I think that was demoing LRD, not LRC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just posted another link, and neither search demoed were performed on existing programs...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Sorry for the delay, but I was out taking my dog for a walk)

I think the reason why these were not displayed on current programs is that it's because it's "Sneaks!" (LOL)

One common thread between these two Sneaking Applications and LRD is that they all are directly internet connected. At this point, to get this level of AI, it might need a constant internet connection. 

On the other hand, though, LRC does do facial recognition, but I'm not certain how much, if any, requires constant internet hand-holding. It does learn as it progresses. When I did my family photos, going back to the 1910s, some of the suggestions it made were comically bad. But as I progressed with the process, it did a remarkable job of identifying kid photos correctly when I had taught it the adult version of that person. Again, I do not know if that is a link to the internet or what is doing the work. I just tried looking for related-type objects (e.g., Bridge, chair, etc.) in various folders, and it could not do that at all. Perhaps because currently, the text search field is looking at keywords or other such metadata as opposed to image content.

Since phones, by their nature, are always connected to the internet, such searches are more likely possible. And, to add to that, all Lightroom Desktop/Mobile/Web content is bathed in internet activity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gary, Android might need the network, but AFAIK, Apple phones do this locally, for privacy purposes. iCloud is only needed if you want to sync the results between devices. See: https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/iph392d77d5f/16.0/ios/16.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pierre, Oh, very good points, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines