• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Horrible preview quality in latest Bridge

Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to the latest version of Bridge an the quality of the previews

a very poor compared to the previous version.

Regardless of the image size and any possible combination of settings

in Bridge, the images are very soft!  Even if the image size is pixel per pixel

exact for the display, i.e. say a 1920x1080 image is in the preview window

and at a size is such that maps perfectly to the display resolution and fits the

preview window.

This is making trying to decide if an image is suitable for my purpose very difficult

as I need to open each image in Photoshop (or some other app) to get a true representation

of the image.  This becomes very,very tedious after a batch run of many images, usually

prepping for web.

This was not an issue at all in the previous version as Bridge rendered the previews

as razor sharp as whatever the source was.

Is this a bug or have settings been changed that there is some obtuse combo

needed to get acceptable quality?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

I think I found the solution.

I had to enable "Use Software Rendering" because now it seems that

Bridge no longer plays nice with Nvidia graphics cards.

Way to go Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I found the solution.

I had to enable "Use Software Rendering" because now it seems that

Bridge no longer plays nice with Nvidia graphics cards.

Way to go Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that, but it didn't solve this issue.  It's a dramatic reduction in image quality.  I'm wondering if some other setting was changed, but haven't found one yet that fixes this....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, here's what solved it for me. I noticed that "Generate Monitor-Size Previews" was unchecked in this Bridge update (even though settings were supposed to stay the same), so I checked it, then had to purge cache and rebuild previews.  They're back to their normal sharp selves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem and none of this has helped - still same blurry previews and image quality is also affected in output PDFs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Bridge 2018, the preview image is soft, so I work with Bridge 2017 again.

I hope Adobe gives an update with a solution for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you check the setting "Prefer Thumbnail Generation Over Preview Ggeneration" on your Bridge CC 2018, as shown in screenshot below.

Bridge.png

If it is ON, try turning it OFF, restart Bridge and purge cache for desired image. Now check the preview quality. Please check and suggest.

Thanks,

Deepak Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Building Criteria make it unoperable, I have to start  Bridge five times on an Imac Retina, 40 gb of Ram, a quite fast computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Application Not responding - Force Quit, Aplication Not Responding - Force Quit - Aplication Not Responding. Uninstall! All!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Apple has released a fix for this in Mac OSX 10.13.1 update. It is a fix for Nvidia GPU driver.

Please install the update, and Bridge CC 2018 should be able to use the GPU rendering. Please check and suggest.

Thanks,

Deepak Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2019 Jun 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Deepak Gupta, AND YET this is still happening in 2019 on PC's...The staff at Adobe don't even know whats going on!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2019 Jun 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The stupidity of disabling Nvidia Cards in Bridge YET ALLOWING them in Camera Raw... Are you trying to lose Customers Adobe....Its seems you are really really trying!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines