• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I view my Mac photo library in Bridge?

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a new MacBook Pro user, installed Bridge, but I don't see my photos. All I see is the Pictures folder, with Photos Library.photoslibray file and when I double click it just opens the Photos app. I have my Security & Privacy Setting, Files and Folders to allow Bridge

Thank you 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Hi Evelyn,

As long as you plan on removing all of your images, you can export them from Photos from the File menu:

2020-05-09_07-57-40.png

The choice you do need to take is: do you want to export the images OR export the images with any changes (alterations/enhancements) you've made to them (assuming you have made some).

The reason against the former is if you have made alterations, you'll have to make all of those alterations all over again. However, if you make future alterations either in Lightroom or using A

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

What you need to understand is that Apple Photos (previously iPhoto) is a proprietary database viewer, it is not designed to reflect the host OS file structure. You don't want to start messing around inside the database using the Finder. This is similar to the catalogue database in Adobe Lightroom, you either love it or hate it. If you don't like it, then you come up with your own system and use standard filing and Adobe Bidge or another file viewer or asset management system.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2023 Dec 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Regarding organization of your images, Apple Photos seems to be often improving its Filter and Search functions. Using one of these functions can often make setting up categories less needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Did you use the photo management tool from windows ?  This is my understanding the photos.APP  on the mac is like any other photo management tool.   It uses a database to organize the contents.  Adobe BRidge is a file management tool. If you didn't use the windows photo management tool and just used files then Adobe BRidge will find them where they are and build a framework ( think database) of references to those files. The good thing about photos.APP on mac is it deals well with photos generated by iphones that can store them in different formats than JPEG.  so if all your photos have been generated with cameras other than iphones I would say use the Image_Capture.APP that comes with the mac to copy new photos to your mac.  For all of the older photos export them out of photos.APP into the Finder and use Adobe BRidge.

image capture icon.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a very good extension you can add to your Photos library to allow any photo to be opened in Photos and then directly edited in another imaging app eg PS. The result of the edit is saved back to your Photos Library or anywhere you want. May be a useful workflow for you.
https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/open-in-external-editor-support-for-photos-app/id1054519713?mt=12

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2023 Aug 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying his link. I get "This app is currently not available in your country or region." Even with the VPN set to USA. However the following link may be what you are referring to: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205245

With this method, you can call out from Photos to the other app, via the App Store. There is no Adobe Bridge in the App Store that   I can see, but I will try Adobe Lightroom, which may have the keyword capability I want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2023 Aug 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha. I had forgotten that Adobe apps like Lightning require a big monthly cost. Perhaps Metapho ('Check and edit EXIF metadata') will give me what I want. Does anybody have any thoughts on this?

Some context. Photography is not my main thing, otherwise I would certainly be subscribing to Adobe Creative Cloud. So, Apple Photos has been getting better and better, and it complements very well the amazing latest iPhone technology such as 'live' photos. Also they seem to have sorted out the problems with Keywords that I refer to in a previous post. However its Keywords feature remains quite primitive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have an iphone and it's synced to your iCloud Photos library, then you can import them directly into Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines