• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to roll back to previous iteration of Bridge

Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge 2023 is virtually unuseable. Advice on how to roll back to the previous version?

TOPICS
Bug , Crash or freeze , How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to know that too!!!! so many issues and so slow!!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative-Cloud.jpgThe elipsis (three dots) to the right of Bridge is what you are looking for.  Click on it and choose your version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no option to revert to an earlier version using the elipsis; at least not for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try again: left-click on the ellipses. You should see what I'm showing below. Select "Other Versions."

2022-10-28_12-55-58.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud Desktop 10_28_2022 4_26_10 PM.png

These are the only options I get.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you in the All Apps category on the left hand side?

2022-10-28_13-41-37.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  Once I installed the latest version of Bridge all I get is the spinning circle.  I need help big time I have tried all sorts of options including contacting my computer mainteance people.  I only get the option to uninstall bridge or "learn more".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh and yes...all aps is selected

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Silly question, I know, but are logged into your Adobe account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use the free version? I do and those are my options as well. I'm so annoyed that I excitedly downloaded the new version without first checking reviews because I was in a photo organizing groove which just came to the screechiest of halts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I'm using the free version. Like you, I should have read reviews first. I just assumed that since it's a product that has been around for a long time that it would be fine. Ooops. I was waaaay wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea there is no option to revert to older version.  I sent image earlier showing the same thing Sean26..... gets.  I have the full paid version of the suite.  Earlier someone posted..."why doesn't Adobe just revert to the earlier version so we all can download it."  That is the most logical thing for them to do.  I don't understand why they won't.  Someone on their team must know about the bridge problems by now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @FreedomRun @Sean635 are you maybe on an M1 mac? which OS is your computer using?

Do you see the previous versions for other programs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a PC 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor, Windows 10 Pro. Thanks for asking...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the earlier version still tu cked away on my hard drive. Open Finder, go to Applications, look for Adobe Bridge (if you're lucky, there will be two folders; Adobe Bridge 2022 & Adobe Bridge 2023)
Just open the 2022 version, all good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I had the older version  But it's not on my computer.  I had removed duplicate programs do to space on hard drive.  I use to keep 2 version.  Now I know why you should!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot speak to the use of the "free" version however, with my account I was (more easily than expected), able to reinstall the 2022 version. That said, even though I had removed the previous version when I installed 2023, all of my 2022 preferences and settings were correctly restored. A ray of hope in an otherwise difficult scenario.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the full paid version.  I don't understand why there isn't more support.  This conversation just loops back to "problems". I can not use Bridge at all.  Very frustrating.  I wish an Adobe engineer would just upload the older version in a location we all could get easily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

لا اعلم

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have big problems with the new Bridge. Even with 6000x4000 images they look very pixellated when I check for sharpness at 100%.  If I put them on another computer with an older Bridge they look fine. I tried to roll back to a previous version (12.03) on my computer but they still look bad. You just can't be sure of what you are seeing.  I keep seeing people complaining about the screen performance but I'm not seeing numerous stories of how anyone successfully fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@John268639327967 do you have generate monitor size previews in preferences ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this. I cannot function without speedy culling. I am a weddinf and event photographer and need to speed through thousands of shots. This version has me hunting for an entirely new product. Any suggestions? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, @sandravr @can you clarify if your issue is speed or lack of sharpness in the full screen images?

what kind of files are you viewing ? What is the size of your screen? Are you on a Mac or PC? Is the screen scaling? Which GPU are you using? Are you using software or hardware rendering ? Is generate monitor sized previews ticked in preferences ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines