• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images are opening after only a single click

Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the last week I have been having some annoying things start to happen with adobe bridge & photoshop - attempting to single click images immediately opens them in Photoshop  - HELP! I want to check out each image, before opening - I am single clicking all the time...I am on a PC with windows 8.  I have never seen this before and cannot figure out how to fix it, so I have to double click on an image to open. 

Please HELP me!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Thanks for the added info krystala, let us know how it goes with another mouse when you get the chance. It's possible the sensor/button under the left click is malfunctioning.

Looks like the nexxtech website is totally under maintenance, so not sure where is best to get an updated driver that would work best if it is indeed a driver issue.

Here are Microsoft's troubleshooting steps for this double-clicking trouble that may help as well --- https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/266738/troubleshoot-mouse-double-clicking-when-you-single-click

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Krystala,

Could you please let us know the versions of Bridge and Photoshop you are using?

Is this issue happening only with Bridge and Photoshop or in other applications as well?

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Bridge CS5 and Adobe Photoshop CS5 (64 bit).  I thought it was only happening in these applications, but have now noticed it happening every where.  I double click to open my internet and then 3 windows open.  When I try and save something in any application, I have to click things a few times to actually make it work.  When in photoshop, I have to click on things a multitude of times to make it do what I want it to because one click should (say) turn an action on, but one click now turns it on, then off, so I have to keep clicking until I get it to do what I want it to.  When I finally get things to save, then all of a sudden whatever I was last using in photoshop does another stroke, etc.  It is annoying and time consuming correcting everything.

I thought because it was happening in other things, that ok it was just the mouse, but I have checked and re-checked settings 100 times and cannot find what may be different or where to check things out.

I am lost and need someone to guide me!

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Krystala,

Sorry about the strange single-click opening behavior on Windows 8.

Here's another suggestion, in addition to Sahil's above questions.

If this is a newly updated operating system, this behavior may be part of the Windows default, which is changeable.

See if the suggestions on this article help get you back to double-click behavior: https://www.technipages.com/enable-disable-single-clicking-feature

Let us know how that goes.

Regards

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reading the above, if you adjust the Windows file open behavior, and are still seeing it.
I'm wondering if the mouse or mouse driver may be part of the issue.

What sort of mouse are you using? Do you have a spare you can test with?

Or, depending on what sort of mouse you use, if you might also check if there is any more current mouse driver from the maker.

Another suggestion in that line of troubleshooting would be to try a different USB port as well.

Let us know how it's going.

Regards

PG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

I am using a nexxtech mouse and keyboard ~ I have been using them for over 3 months now, maybe even longer.  How would I find out if there are any current drivers (I assume to instal to update what I have).  I moved to a different USB port and it is still happening in that as well.  I will see if I can find another mouse to try out and see if it happens with that as well.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the added info krystala, let us know how it goes with another mouse when you get the chance. It's possible the sensor/button under the left click is malfunctioning.

Looks like the nexxtech website is totally under maintenance, so not sure where is best to get an updated driver that would work best if it is indeed a driver issue.

Here are Microsoft's troubleshooting steps for this double-clicking trouble that may help as well --- https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/266738/troubleshoot-mouse-double-clicking-when-you-single-c...

Regards

PG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you but I had already found that and have made sure the "double-click to open an item (single-click to select)" is higlighted and it is still happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines