• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

images wont rotate in bridge

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2019 Nov 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why won't bridge allow me to rotate my photos? I have rotated images before using hotkeys but now it won't allow me to??

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Bridge and what OS?

Have you tried resetting your preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Bridge 2019 and OS is MOjave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using command [

or command ]

That works for me, but I am Catalina now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me, as of this morning.  I had started editing a batch of images last Friday at work, made ratings choices, already had rotated images, and made global processing changes.  All I did was go home for the weekend and come back to work today.  But today no version of my Bridge applications work right.  None of the edits appear in the thumbnails or preview pane.  I can't rotate images.  I can't even OPEN an image into Photoshop from Bridge - it says PS doesn't recognize that type of file!!  What?  It sure has been recognizing it for the past 15 years - a simple Canon RAW file.

This MUST all be connected to issues I had with Creative Cloud last week.  At some point, my Acrobat started saying I couldn't open any PDFs because CC couldn't verify/login to my CC account - or something along that line.  So, I opened CC and, to my disgust, a whole bunch of my CC apps started auto-updating.  But I didn't see any ill effects until this morning.  But this is EXACTLY why I HATE, HATE, HATE auto-updating anything AND the subscription model of software.  Let me create my own little set-up using a purchased piece of software that doesn't change until I change it.  Arrgh!  Now, I lose probabaly a day or more of productivity at work. 

Yes, I tried resetting prefs in Bridge 2015 and 2019.  I even uninstalled 2019 and it still doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever get a fix. Is this a way to get us to stop using bridge - or the cc all together? -- This is my main tool, rotating on the fly.... & $53 a month, and I fart around for a good 20 minutes several times to fix this.. and here I am..... I'm sure the fix will come in about $212 more... I hear you about what a time waster... and to one of the entities on my bank spigot. ARRGGH is right. For something that has worked so well for many many years.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GOOD NEWS! I, too, was super irritated today that I could not use keyboard shortcuts to rotate images. I'd never had a problem with this in years of use. Then I found the shortcut for labeling images "approved" didn't work either! I had a bunch of shots from yesterday to manipulate, so I pressed on begrudgingly the hard way. I kept trying occasionally to return and try to set a label of "approved" with Command + 8 (Mac) anyway. I mistakenly left my fingers on the keys overly long once and saw the green approved label BLINK on and off! Tried it again; holding them down about 5 seconds made it come ON again and STAY on. Sometimes it took several attempts, but at most, it took only 2-3 tries to get what I wanted. One ability down; one to go! Later, it dawned on me the keyboard rotation MIGHT work the same way. Tried it; it WORKED! Adobe has some reprogramming to do , but for NOW, this method is a workaround & we can at least get our work done. Hope it works for Mac & PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

UPDATE: I purged previews and cache, then restarted Bridge and then the rotate functions started working. Again. Hope this helps.

Version 12.0.3.270

It's 2022 and I am having this same issue. No indication as to why this would be happening and Bridge will rotate some images but not all. The files I am trying to rotate are the same file format (TIF) same general size, but when I use the shortcut or the rotate button, nothing happens. Although I do see metadata being written in the lower progress bar. Adobe could really take some notes from the Eagle App. I think I might just remove Bridge all together at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines