• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ive lost my rating marks(((

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After spending hours of choosing best pictures out of the all the originals, and after beeing reconnected my external hard drive I realised that  my Bridge doesnt recognise any rating marks that i previously put on my files. Please HELP!!! Its so Urgent! thanks in advance for any kind of help

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Default,

A couple of questions:

1) what kind of images are these (raw, DNG, jpg, what)?

2) What is your OS (and what release) (if Mac is this a new M1?)?

3) Which version of Bridge (and what release)?

4) You state that you reconnected your external hard drive, did you move images out of their original folder(s) and if so, how?

I may have more questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

1) RAW

2) Mac OS Mojave 

3) Ive tried it on Bridge 2019 and also on 2021

4) It was like 5 days since I last extracted my hard drive so I dont quiete remember...

By the way, I still have .XMP files (usually they appear when I mark files with ratings)  but they are not detected by Bridge...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The XMP files must stay with the RAW files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The XMP files are not shown in Bridge but if you drag a raw file from Bridge to another folder, Bridge will move the XMP file along with the file (at least it's supposed to). However, if you drag it from any folder on the Mac to another folder, the XMP files can be abandoned unless you manually move them with the files. So, as Lumigraphics says, you need to keep them with the raw files.

[Side note: the DNG is a container file and the XMP file is stored within the DNG. ONE of the reasons I convert my images to DNG is so that I do not have to remember to move the XMP file with the raw.]

So, the basic question was did you happen to move the images from one folder to another folder (or drive). If you moved the folder to another drive, than that should be OK because the XMP just need to be in the same folder as the raw files.

Does all this make sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines