• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lock icon in top right corner of thumbnails

Contributor ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been looking at some of my old entries in Bridge and noticed that in some folders there is a lock icon in the top right corner of the icons. What does this mean?

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ramigrafx,

Have you updated to Catalina on the Mac recently? If so, it's a permissions issue.

Let us know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I am on a pc. It does not affect current folders . Just some from several years ago

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have same problem, April 23, 2023 Adobe Bridge ...PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Br Lock.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. The lock icon shown at the top-right corner of the file indicates that the file is locked. When a file is locked, operations like applying labels and ratings, metadata, renaming, etc. will not work. You can right-click on the file and select the "Unlock Item" option in the context menu to unlock it. The icon will go off then.

Thanks,

Bridge team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 24, 2023 Jun 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you...When PsCC updated 2 days ago "locks" went away but not I have to log in everytmie I turn off PC. Never had to do that in 20 years with Adobe.

POsted that problem in anther "Discussion".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines