• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

moving files problem

Engaged ,
Nov 25, 2018 Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This Bridge CC has a glitch.  I save my images, which are mostly species in folders and subfolders, according to their relationship, like a phylogenetic tree. For years, in all other Bridges, when I have gotten IDs of insects farther than what I had before, I move to a more specific folder, genus or species, from parent family folder.  Now whenever I move a group of files, it stops on a jpg and says it already exists and asks to autoresolve.  If I choose this, it moves some files and then says some files were not moved and trying again stops at the next jpeg.  If instead of autoresolving, I choose cancel, then it moves them.  I tried replace instead and found that the jpeg gets deleted, not moved.  Why can't it just move a whole batch of files, without repeatedly stopping and possibly losing files?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2018 Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think its looking at the original meta-data and getting confused,

I have seen the same thing happen when I go to batch rename files and search.

Its not very intelligent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So because a well working CS6 couldn't read Z7 files, I had to join the CC lifelong subscription scheme and now I can't even simply move files between folders without multiple attempts and possible data loss.  How does one notify a company that won't allow phone calls even, once you've paid and installed for the bug-ridden program?  Outrageous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi robirdman1,

Please reset Bridge preferences as per steps below and let me know if the issue persists.

• Start Adobe Bridge and immediately press Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS) until the Reset Settings dialog box appears.

• Select  options--Reset Preferences and  Reset Standard Workspaces--and then click OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it did not help.  If I return to CS6 and move files, even thought the new RAW files can't be viewed, they all still move without problems or questions. 

And no another problem  I open a file and want to change its crop because it is too long.  I usually use 3x4 ratio but this would be too tight.  I don't seem to have a choice as in the CS6, to have no particular ratio, and want none of the presets.  I can bubble crops and all kinds of nonsense, but can't simple draw the crop as desired without regard to ratios.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now have this issue too. You can either install Bridge version 8.1 (which doesn't have this issue for me), or you can wait and see if they patch it in Bridge version 9. I just got off of a lengthy chat with Adobe support over this issue where they tested the issue many times on my computer, and they couldn't resolve it. I was told that they are going to escalate it to senior support staff and notify the engineers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it outrageous, that just to be able to see camera raw files for the Z7, and they won't allow that update for CS6, I have to sign up for a lifetime subscription to bug ridden CC to continue to view the NEFs and their data.  And that I apparently don't even qualify for phone support on such an issue.  I have to move files between folders often , when I get some arthropods identified further and move them to a family, genus or species folder, and when there are 7 or 8 jpegs, it stops that many times, saying each is already there, and asking what I want to do about it, and saying some files weren't moved then I have to move again, get the error message, repeat, etc..

So I can move them with CS6 Bridge, but can't see NEF thumbs or their data.

Also in CC, to select a bunch of images to do anything such as add data often takes minutes instead of seconds.

Then when enlarging thumbs in CC Bridge, by pressing the spacebar, I was getting'not 100% available and seeing fuzzy images that I could have accidentally deleted as unfocused when they really were sharp.

And when I first open images in CC and want to make adjustments, all is grayed out, till I close and reopen them,

Then sometimes it says some disk is not available on first opening, and I have to hit try again many times.

There are other problems that I didn't have with CS6, but I need to see my Z7 nefs, so lifetime payments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using Adobe DNG converter.

That way you can still use CS6

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried DNG converter in regard to another problem.  When I compared at high resolution to original RAWs, I found a loss of sharpness.  So I wouldn't want to replace and keeping both doubles HD space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funny

I convert Nikon D850 images to DNG files and have never seen a loss of

sharpness on my NEC 4K reference monitor.

Guess your options are slim or none.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 29, 2018 Dec 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

videos moved.JPGAnother feature of this bug-ridden CC Bridge.  I move some video files, dragging to another folder and they lose the thumbnails and the metadata I entered is locked and uneditable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 30, 2018 Dec 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, it seems that the problem is more related to having dragged files to make videos in Premiere Pro. This does not actually move them, and this was done afterwards.That is when the thumbs disappear. Not having PP open, restarting doesn't help So, compacting the cache didn't help, and any moved videos lack thumbnails, have locked metadata, and now I find won't play in the CC Bridge Window.  In contrast when viewed in CS6 Bridge there are no such problems, thumbs, playable.  How is it even legal for Adobe to extort money with a required update for an inferior product with no support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2019 Jan 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

May not help your situation, but using the latest version of Bridge on a

windows 10 machine  build 1809 I had no issues moving video files  .mov

and mpg files from folder to folder;  as well as editing meta data

before and after each file move.

Have you tried clearing your preferences.

Just a thought,

J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines