• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

moving photos from an android phone to bridge

Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted a query with this subject a while ago. I got no reply after I provided the requested information. What have I done wrong? 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that, would you mind sharing the thread or some information about the issue here?
Also, what version of Bridge are you workign with?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ret1rd1,

While I do not have an Android phone and cannot speak to that direction, I'm not sure what you are expecting. Bridge is not an application like Lightroom that stores images. Bridge (to its value) only displays the images that are in a folder, any folder.

So your task is not to move the images to Bridge, but rather to get the images from your phone over to your computer so that Bridge can open that folder and display the images. Does that make sense? As to whether Bridge can "see" the images on an Android phone I have no idea.

Now to Part 2, getting your images onto your computer from your phone: When I have my iPhone plugged into my computer, I can go to the File menu in Bridge and scroll to "Import Image from Device." Using this I can download all (or selected) images onto my computer.

Another option that I use more often because it means that I do not have to plug my phone into my computer is to use DropBox. I open the DB application on my phone, and in the bottom middle is a big "+" called "Create." Click on that and select "Upload Photos." With that selected it shows images in my camera roll. I can tap the images I wish to move to the DropBox folder on my computer. I tap the "Next" button and identify where in the DB folder I want the images saved to. Then tap on the Upload button and I'm good to go.

Do any of these approaches work for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bridge doesn't see the android phone. I just plug my phone in to my computer and use the OS to transfer the images. I've reported this to Adobe a long time ago, but there has been nothing done about it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines