• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

new bridge is not working good and used 100 % of my processor

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

latest photoshop brigde manages to use 100% of my processor while doing nothing special. The new photoshop works properly and uses less than 8% of my processor. Can someone tell me what's going on with that new bridge?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which OS version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

windows 10 pro 1909

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try researching this topic

Virtual memory treats your disk as if it is RAM and uses it to swap out temporary files when it runs out of actual RAM. Errors in the pagefile.sys can cause 100% disk usage on your Windows 10 machine. The remedy to this problem is to reset your virtual memory settings.

Spread  your pagefile.sys over several hard drives.

Another option is:

Another Windows 10 feature that can cause problems is the Windows Superfetch service. You can disable this service temporarily in a similar fashion to Windows search with the command: net.exe stop superfetch.

The 100% CPU rise appears to effect some machines alot worse then others.

I have enable both these solutions on my machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same on my Mac, I'm running 10.14.5 this is very frustrating Bridge stops running (bouncing beachball),..I've also run adobe creative cloud twice each time was 45 minutes to an hour to get going.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there nobody with a good answer 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly 24 hours later and still doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine does this too.  It has being doing it since CC2018.  It does it when it is creating full res previews from RAW files.  The computer becomes unusable while it does this.  When previewing PSD files, the CPU gets used to around 50% maximum.  When previewing JPEG files it gets used to around 24%.  Previewing around 120 5D Mk IV RAW images takes as long as previewing 24,000 JPEG images.  Something is not right in the code.  I've reported this before for three years now.  Nada from Adobe.  The folks here are not Adobe programmers.  They want to offer workarounds, but I'd prefer my software to be bug-free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephen,

You are absolutely correct, we are not programmers nor do we work for Adobe. We're just folks like you who are trying to help folks like you. Just so you know.

As far as software being bug-free, got news for you: I do not think there's ever been bug-free since "Hello World." All software has bugs. The issue is do the bugs interfere with your work? Not all bugs do. The bugs that crash the application are the ones that get top priority.

But again, I do not work for Adobe nor am I an engineer so I have no clue as to where the (documented) slowness is in the fixing cue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And this is the problem Gary.  No-one at Adobe wants to touch these reports.  How did you get the label Adobe Community Professional Gary?  Reply to a set number of posts?  I'm just interested.  It's not an attack on you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many of us have been involved in Adobe products over the years.

We were approached by Adobe to help them in their forums because our expertise.

Depending on how much  we involve our selves in the forums we benefit at the end of the year.

Often its not worth the compensation.

We have to work with the same programs you do. Get frustrated the same as everyone else here.

Its not that Adobe does not want to touch the reports that get posted here, its that companies as big as Adobe have their priorities set by marketing and not tech people or professionals that post here.

Microsoft and other large companies are the same way.

It sucks and is frustrating. We hate not having the ability to answer peoples questions.

I am sure Gary feels the same way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephen,

Yes, it is a number of posts. Like Jim said, we were approached because we know the software and on these forums we do what we can. 

• Sometimes the answer is as easy as "click here."
  • Sometimes the answer is harder because there's a mis-matched software/hardware issue that we try to figure out from either our experience or searches within Adobe's site
  • Sometimes it's even harder because there the person in the forum discovered a bug that unique to their system (that we cannot verify because our hardware is different.
  • Without a doubt the hardest ones is when there is NOTHING that we can do but to hear the frustration and cries from help when people encounter things like bizarre slowdowns of the software or updates that people do not like (like the new ACR). At best we can suggest things that might work but also may not.

It's very satisfying when we can and do help.

It's frustrating when people scream at us when there's nothing we can do. Think of the guy at the cash register when the grocery store stopped selling the pasta sauce you love the best.

It's the most frustrating when people are rude and completely disrespectful. Trust me, when people start sentences with "Don't you people ever use this software?" or "Why isn't this software even tested before you take our money?" I just skip the rest of the message.

I (we) don't get paid for this. I (we) help where we can but we are not miracle workers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sympathize with you, but Adobe have placed you in this position.  The software directly links customers with issues to this site.  Nowhere does it tell people (nowhere that I saw anyway) that you are not employees on a help line.  You've been set up as a room where people come to bang their heads against the wall.  I'm sorry, but I very much doubt that anyone who does not know anything about the underlying code is going to be able to help solve the problems with how cache is generated and used by Bridge, no matter how keen or seasoned a user they may be.  That's not your fault.  I DO feel that Adobe is trying to filter its interactions with customers in the same way that banks and telcos do.  I have been an Adobe customer for 20 years.  I'm appreciate the complexity and mostly good performance of the product or I wouldn't still be a customer.  What I'm not 100% happy about is their approach to dealing with customer concerns.  Anyway, I'll leave you to it and battle on.  Deleting the entire Cache and starting afresh will take a week or more of my time that I will never get back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then don't bother.  But don't get upset at those of us who are frustrated with a COMPANY which we expect to stand behind and help troubleshoot its product don't always remember that's not how it works anymore.  Your avatar caption tells me you are an "Adobe Community Professional".  To me this means you know a good deal more about Adobe products than I do AND UNDERSTAND HOW THEY WORK and I can expect an answer from you will contain substatially more than personal experience and conjecture.  We who come to this string have a very specific problem which is costing us time, money, and massive frustration.  If you don't know the product well enough to help us SOLVE it, please stand by quietly while we continue our search for a workaround at the very least.  Showing up only to say the equivalent of "I saw everything!  What happened?" doesn't help.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked a good IC friend what I could do best to solve the problem of the new version of bridge. He googled a lot and found the solution. Let the processor run out and just leave it on. He has to process all data and that can sometimes take hours. And indeed after 3 hours he was finished. I restarted my PC and bridge worked properly. The problem was solved.
Try it out yourself.
best regards jaap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion Jaap, but I already do that.  I have to, to get the images into Cache.  It hammers the CPU for many hours to cache 2 or 3 thousand RAW files I may shoot in a day.  The annoying part is that this was not the case with Bridge 2017.  It was fast.  Adobe changed the code in some way that has caused its performance to suffer.  This latest iteration also fails when renaming.  It leaves files behind when moving images from one location to another as well.  It fails to delete images.  I can't help feeling that all of these issues are related to way it generates its Cache.

Renaming.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines