• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with Bridge

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a Macbook Pro and store all my photos on an external hardrive. I use Adobe Bridge 2022. Today after plugging in the external hardrive I then open Bridge, it has become very slow and bridge shows a red circle with a white line through all my files! What does this mean & have I lost allmy work?

Cheers, Louise

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Louise,

I think I have an idea, but the curious thing is that it sounds like you've had this for a while, and then suddenly it's not working correctly. Is that correct?

I suspect that the issue is security permissions that the Mac OS has to help you ward off any viruses or attacks by "not very nice people."

Please check this; if you've already done this, please check it again. Let me know what you find.

Go to your System Preferences and select Security and Privacy (found in the top section). Now click on the Privacy setting (last tab). Now click on the lock on the bottom left and provide your Administrator code. Now select the Full Disk Access option and click on the "+" symbol. This will bring up the standard Mac Open window and let you add any application you want or need to have full access to. Look for Bridge, select it; it will now appear in that window make sure it's checked. Next, go to the Files and Folders option and do the same thing as above (although there's nothing to check, just add. Close everything down and see if that makes it all work.

Please let me know

[Note: these images are from an older OS, the process is the same.]

gary_sc_0-1660006145784.png

gary_sc_1-1660006145785.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem started on Thursday, I spoke to my IT guy & he suggested uninstalling Bridge & reinstall it!

I've started what you suggested but when I select Full Disk Access it only displays 3 folders & Bridge is not one of them!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed your suggestions but with Files and Folders Bridge is displayed but not checked.  All my attempts do not result in the Bridge being checked.  Do you jave any further suggestions?

rdsel3@gmail.com

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2022 Aug 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having all the problems everyone seems to be having to try to get Bridge to show my Desktop folders which are my first place I store photos off memory cards as a sort of filing centre. Loads of online searching didn't solve it until I read the above suggestion/instructions. Finally, it worked but with just a slight tweek  - I ignored the Full Access bit as that only gave me the 3 folders & not Bridge that Louise mentions. But iI went to Files & Folders, found Bridge and ticked the Desktop folder, all my desktop photo folders showed up. THANK YOU!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2022 Aug 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Robert, to check this, you have to unlock the lock on the bottom left corner by using your Administrative password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines