• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with viewing photos in preview and in large view using spacebar and arrow keys

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, her ist Holger from Germany. I need help with the new bridge

1. In an older version of bridge (till summer 22) I open a folder and show the thumbnails below as a filmstrip, for example, and in the preview I saw exactly one image, namely the image that I clicked on as a thumbnail in the filmstrip. I can switch from preview to large screen mode with the space bar. New bridge version: When I watched a few photos by using the arrow keys in the large screen mode and then go back with the space bar in the preview mode, my filmstrip has 2 images enabled and I see 2 images in the preview.

If I then use the spacebar to click on large-screen mode, I don't see the image that I just clicked small with the spacebar, but a different one. If I continue to work with preview mode and large-screen mode, I cannot use the arrow keys (cursor keys) to jump from one picture to the next, because the program shows pictures that I did not expect. I don't understand the logic.

Can I set bridge back to how it used to be? So that I can view the images in progressive order without two thumbnails enabled?

2. Can I set the new bridge so that the program does not scan my entire computer with all folders? I would like the following: I open a folder manually without a program with the mouse, for example on the desktop, click on the first image and bridge shows all images of this folder and nothing else. Bridge shouldn't have anything in "memory" either. There is always the message: Too many registers open and clear the cache.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Hi,

Many of the issues reported in the thread are fixed in the latest patch release #13.0.1.583. Please install and confirm if that fixes the issue.
You can refer to the issues fixed in the patch at the following link https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/fixed-issues.html

Thanks,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto and confirmed. Deadly when you space bar back to thumbs and hit delete to cull the last image you viewed and see highlighted. You actually delete two images: the 1st one you clicked (which may have scrolled off screen) and the last one you viewed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe won't acknowledge this issue, but it will quietly disappear in some future update. In the meantime, just keep using the old Bridge. When you installed the new Photoshop 2023 and/or Bridge, you got the new Camera Raw V15. That's where all the good stuff is. Nothing really changed in Bridge itself. And if you launch the old Bridge, you get the new Camera Raw, and everything opens in the new Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Many of the issues reported in the thread are fixed in the latest patch release #13.0.1.583. Please install and confirm if that fixes the issue.
You can refer to the issues fixed in the patch at the following link https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/fixed-issues.html

Thanks,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, big help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. The problem is solved 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines