Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Move to" works whenever it wants

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2024 Jul 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,
I have had some issues with Bridge (14.1.1.274) lately, when I try to select and right click "Move to" some files from my card reader to a folder on the PC, it never works. You either have to click it 15 times, or you have to go to File --> Move to, and sometime even in there I have to click it twice... which as you guess is annoying. Does anybody else have this problem or am I alone? Is there any fix, any info?

PC has enough power: Dual Xeon X5650, 48GB RAM, nVidia 1060 GPU

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 15, 2024 Jul 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have that problem too.  Also with Copy To.  Sometimes I can't even delete a file.  It seems that Bridge is still busy reading the files in the folder and rendering previews.  Check too that the dialog boix is not hidden behind the main Bridge screen.  I have had that happen too.  I'm running the latest bedition on Windows 11 with a fully updatred version of Bridge 2024 and sometimes I have to resort to running Bridge 2023.  The same problem occurs in both versions.  Don't know if that helps you at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 15, 2024 Jul 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wouldn't use Bridge to do anything with files on a card of any type other than download them to your main PC storage using Photo Downloader. I then find any operations such as moving files works without issue. I would recommend you investigate this approach.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines