• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RANT WARNING: Bridge 2023 is awful

Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what's going on with the new Bridge, but I finally got fed up with it enough to remove it and go back to the previous version. While 2022 isn't perfect, it's at least usable.

I'm not sure why a software company would remove features that have been baked into their product for years, but it is extremely annoying and gives the impression that the developers don't have any idea what's important to their users. This is glaringly obvious with the newest version of Bridge. Stuff that has been a part of my normal workflow either isn't available anymore or doesn't work as it should. BASIC functions like deleting files, opening multiple windows, and even knowing what file or folder is selected are either gone or are glitchy. 

I've joked for a while now that Adobe started following the Microsoft model for rolling out products before they were thouroughly vetted and tested, but the newest Bridge takes the cake for what not to do when developing a new version of a product. It's awful.

I hope that there's a fix soon. Adobe owes it to their users to do better than they have lately.

TOPICS
Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i couldn't agree more. what a God-awful hash they have made of an otherwise useful image file viewer. Who asked for this anyway?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Many issues reported in different threads are fixed in the latest patch release #13.0.1.583. Please install and confirm if it fixes the issues you are facing.

You can refer to the issues fixed in the patch at the following link https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/fixed-issues.html

Thanks,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NOPE NOT FIXED in the latest and ONLY patch release.

1. Move to BIN. An utterly unnecessary change for no good reason. Please fix it and make it Move To Trash like it used to be. It also used to have the numberof items being deleted but no more.

2. Pressing Red Button in upper left now shuts down Bridge rather than just closing the session and leaving Bridge active.. Now Bridge unlike PS or any other product must be totally reinitialized  This used to stay activve in 2022 and all prior releases. 

3.Stack - multiple problems. a.When a stacked group is reopened (click on the number) only the first item is selected not the entire group. This used to work correctly in 2022 and all prior releases where STACK was implemented . b. If an item is deleted from the stacked group the count of the items in the group is not decremented. This used to work properly. One must UNGROUP FROM STACK and restack to get the count to be correct.

4. The BASIC panel in Fileinfo now spans two panels and one must move the slider to access the bottom half. It is also not sticky so the size varies. This used to fit on one screen in 2022 and prior. 

Please, who the heck reworte this and who the heck QA'd this. 

I have my suspicions a new and less experienced group was given the honor of working on BRIDGE.

PLEASE PLEASE just fix this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the response from our friends at Adobe .... CRICKETS 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BobinMA,

Thank you for reporting the issues to us.
Stack issue is already fixed in Bridge beta 13.0.2 along with some other issues.

For details, see Fixed issues.

Steps to install/update

Install: Go to the Creative Cloud desktop app and select Beta apps in the left sidebar of the Apps panel. Then select install for your beta app.

Update: Go to the Creative Cloud desktop app, click on Update in the left sidebar of the Apps panel and Check for updates. Then click update for your beta app.

Regards,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2023 Apr 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is still an unusable piece of junkware. I have called Adobe a dozen times to fix it and it still gives 'not responding' messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2023 Jul 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here, It is absolute crap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No folders showing up in adobe bridge folder nor preview section, only in light table? I view the solutions in the adobe help section and they must be very outdated because they tell me to look in places that do not exist. It would be nice if adobe would go to the trouble to create a decent online manual with the correct steps instead relying on user comments to find the answers. That is the only problem, this version bridge is nothing but a headache, I had to revert back to the old bridge, but then I couldn't use it with the new photoshop. I have been using adobe ps and bridge for as long as it has been out and this new version is pitiful in terms of user friendliness. I believe that adobe has too many computer engineers and programers that feel the need to just change things to justify their jobs. I have notice this happening with other software companies as well, not just adobe. It is a problem with the industy now, over development for the sake of job security leading to programs that are no longer user friendly. I have two sons with degrees in Computer Engineering and they tell me that most of the workers don't really do anything anymore, no wonder Elon had to fire most of them at Twitter, lol. Hopefully, this is just a period we are going through as technology develops. The bottom line is keep it simple and user friendly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have to totaly agree! Cant open seperate new windows, I have 3 screens & used to have one bridge open on each.

When i make a new folder, I want to move whats on my card to that folder, i have to go & look for the folder.

Nightmare! 

You have messed up big time & I am now looking for new provider....

Unless you have new news?????? & yes i ve done all the updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The clowns at Adobe have not fixed anything - Bridge is an absolute trainwreck and its development team idiots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines