• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sharing a Workspace

Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to share a Bridge Workspace to a group of people.  I've done this before, but am having difficulty this time.  This is for the most current version (13.0.2.636) on both Windows 10 Pro and MacBook computers.  I have both, the paths my workspaces are stored are below:

• MacBook: /Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Bridge 2023/Workspaces
  • Windows 10 PRO: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Bridge CC\Workspaces\

These are not working for some users, who advise that path does not exist. Any assistance would be appreciated!  Thank you in advance.
TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they get to their Bridge folder, they can add a Workspaces folder. And its not "CC" on Windows, its Bridge <version> after 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - and yes, I see that.  However, I am still unable to share the workspace.  And, when I create a new workspace in Bridge 2023, I am then unable to find that "test.workspace" in the workspaces folder - or any place else for that matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that workspaces were designed for sharing so it may or may not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes you have to "share" with yourself if using more than one computer.  And sharing a workspace with others is neccessary in when there are multiple persons all needing the same workflow. It seems this may be another one of the those features that always worked before and now is gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be that as it may, Adobe hasn't published anything indicating that this should or should not work. You may just have to manually recreate workspaces as needed, if copying files doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell me where Adobe "publishes" anything that detailed.  Seriously, as I would like to get on that list.  Not trying to be argumentative here, but this latest version of Bridge has been an abomination.  I noticed a couple of improvements, but Adobe either intentionally or unintentionally took away many useful features that have destroyed the workflow for myself and many others - and while they have since fixed some things, there are still many things broken.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually there are pleanty of undocumented features in Adobe products that have been around for years.  Copying workspaces from one machine to another has been available ever since workspaces have been around.  The new architecture seems to have shut this off.  This is one more example of workflows that have been damaged by Adobe in this new incarnation of Bridge.

I think Adobe owes us all an explanation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Undocumented features may or may not work in the future, its that way with every software publisher. Again, i am not aware of anything official from Adobe saying that this should or should not work.

If you copy with workspace xml files, what happens? Error message? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines