• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

show items from subfolders set as default

Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to bridge as i have lightroom and it is, and remains my primary app for photo management, however i was looking into what bridge could 'add' to the equation. 

Whilst in some areas the interface adds a great deal, the most annoying 'feature' is that it doesn't show items from subfolders by default and each time you move around the folder tree, it once again 'un-ticks' the 'show items from subfolders' option. my question is WHY?

I have read a couple of posts that in general point to: 'speed of browsing and catalog management'. 

Well my question would be: If lightroom can cope with it, why can't bridge?

whilst trying to avoid sarcasm, i'd need to remind adobe it is 2019, soon 2020. NOT 1982. Our processors are a little faster than an original 80286 processor and our hard drives are somewhat faster, especially using SSD drives. how can they build the functionality and performance into the lightroom classic catalog but can't do the same in a sister product? what significant difference am i missing from this equation?

TOPICS
Feature request , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not going to change it to autostart but the code is Apache-licensed so you are free to alter it if you wish.

Remember that we are volunteers who are helping fellow creatives, and are limited in what programmatic changes we can make. Adobe needs to address feature requests like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea about programming and had not heard of Apache-Licenced till tonight so no chance of me making changes.  I will use as is, setting it once on startup is better than everytime I change directories.

Thank you for the code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is a Backup to the "AlwaysFlatViewSettings.jsx" - Just in case someone removes the google drive linked file:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/Files00001/Adobe/Bridge/Scripts/AlwaysFlatViewSetting.jsx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines