• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Site Closed: www.ps-bridge-scripts.talktalk.net

Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2016 Jul 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This site is now closed and all content has been removed.

Most of the scripts that were on this site were outdated and untested for CC
Please try the following sites for scripting solutions...

That is right – www.ps-bridge-scripts.talktalk.net has been closed by the owner!

The internet sadly has only a few repositories of good scripts for Adobe Bridge.

As many discussions on this forum pointed to the DIY Metadata script, I will post the code as a community service (I hope that the author has no problems with recording this important information)…

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a sad loss to the Bridge community!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Truly SuperMerlin, Paul’s site was a gem and it will be sorely missed. I sadly did not download every script available, only those of interest or that I needed at the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The script code is too long to paste here, so a link to the original data can be found here:

Dropbox - DIY Metadata.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From 1,5 year I'm learning JavaScript for Photoshop scripting, unfortunately I had no time yet to focus on Brigde scripting. I knew that site but never used it. I had to learn from those Paul Riggot scripts in future.

Now I hope someone collected them all and can share with us as personally I still use and love CS2 (other higher versions in my job only).

If I knew that will happen I would do it myself, ie. copy all content of that site to my datebase...

btw about a month ago or so similar story happened to www.pcpix.com (you could find there PSConstants, value, CharID  TypeIDToStringID stuff) and as most of us know much earlier to PS-SCRIPTS.COM  as well (the forums I only knew it exists but had no chance to use at all

So if the author is OK with it (?) can anyone link us to those Bridge / PS scripts (starting from CS2) with the description etc. I believe someone strored them for personal use. No matter for my education they won't work in CC. I'll keep them safe this time.

Thank You in advance, Marek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2016 Jul 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very sad to lose Paul's support and info. He has done so much for those of us in the scripting community. With the passing of Mike Hale, the closing of the site ps-scripts.com, and the lose of all that valuable information, It would have been nice to have more forewarning of Paul's site closing. I just hope he's doing well and in good health, and enjoying pursuing new adventures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2016 Jul 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While Paul's site is now closed. Someone managed to get the original ps-scripts.com site operational again!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2016 Jul 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I heard from Paul, and I asked him about his site. His reply was brief, but seem to boil down to the fact that a lot has changed with his old scripts working with the newer versions of Adobe apps - bugs not being fixed etc. He doesn't have CC, so can't correct them to work with the new applications. I imagine that he was getting a lot of request for help that he just couldn't answer due to not having CC and/or just doesn't have the time to devote to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad to see he didn't completely forgot about our Ps scripting community and posted few days ago 3 bridge scripts from his original site at https://www.ps-scripts.com/ which is refreshed and again working with more and more posting people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, me too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 17, 2016 Aug 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Internet is our friend, and there's a snapshot in archive.org here:

Photoshop Scripts

Alas not every page is stored, but most of them are I'd say.

I remember to have downloaded them one by one in the past, but I've to look in the bottomless pit of my backups.

Davide Barranca

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2016 Aug 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Davide it's fantastic to hear someone collected them. If it's true I can be one of those who missed to store them and now miss them much Paul Riggott posted lately some more usable ones on reborn ps-scripts.com but there are plenty of his scripts which are too simple I guess to call them to life. Not for me, a fan of Paul Riggott work. Unfortunately in that archive only 2 codes were available from 10 in different sections I visited right after your post, at least I can recall structure of his site and all scripts published. It'll be nice to hunt those I still don't have in my library so if you're willing to share them you find me on this forum!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines