• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some jpgs looking funny in Bridge

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2023 Apr 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently processed some RAW files using Capture one.  I then created large jpgs of the images.  They output to my tablet fine as well as when I view them in Windows Explorer.  However when I look at the same files in Bridge, two are very dark with one looking like it has a bad high dynamic range effect applied. I would understand this more if they all were weird looking but I don't understand what would have happened to make Bridge act this way to only a couple of images of a bunch that that were all processed pretty much the same way.

I've included the worst one below.  It will be interesting to know if this looks OK to everyone.  Maybe open it up in YOUR Bridge.

Thoughts?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @David Gr , Intreging. 

I downloaded your image, looked at it in Bridge, and saw that it looked pretty bad. I noticed that this JPG had been processed via ACR. I then clicked on the Auto adjust just to see what it could do and pop, and the image looked fine. Below are the before and after views of the image and before and after views of clicking on the Auto adjust. (Please note, I'm not saying that I normally stop at the Auto setting, I am just using that as a base point of adjusting.)

images.jpg

and here are the settings

settings.png

Now, originally you stated you started with raw files, yet these are jpg files that were processed within ACR. Is it possible you did a copy and paste of the settings and inadvertently included your completed JPGs in the Paste?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be seeing that the image was processed by ACR because I did that years ago, and somehow that's recorded in the jpg.  But I use Capture One now and as far as I can tell neither Adobe or Capture One "sees" the sidecar xmp file that the other creates.  In any case, that Canon .cr2 file was processed yesterday using the new DXO PureRAW3 to clean up the high ISO noise.  Then I used the latest Capture One (16,1.2.44) to complete the processing.  I used my regular C1 output recipes to produce the jpg, and all the images were out-putted as a batch.  So why this file and not the others? 

I appreciate that you're helping, but except for Bridge this error doesn't seem to be real. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, since I do not have C1, I cannot independently test this whole thing out. What I sent off is the only thing that came to mind. 

I wonder why C1 doesn't see the contained XMP file in that JPG (JPGs, like DNG files, contain the sidecar file, so they are not visible outside of the file. You can see that there is XMP data in the JPG file in Bridge because Bridge shows the adjustment and cropping icons.

Beyond that I cannot help, sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines