• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SUDDENLY APPEARED /dev folder showing in BRIDGE and is causing issues

Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The usually hidden /dev folder in the root of my MAC is showing in Bridge.  I think this relates to managing devices installed or attached to the mac.  But BRIDGE is showing it and is causing my Bridge App to hang or on occasions crash.  No idea why it has just started showing up.

I have done an OPTION restart of Bridge and cleared cache and reset all settings, but it still shows up in Bridge.

Any ideas anyone?

Running BRIDGE 12.0.1.246 and Macbook Pro 2016 with Catalina

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Merle,

I'm not sure about this but do you have the Show Hidden Files turned on or off? Normally, this would be to view .xmp files and such but maybe this is causing your issue? I am really not sure about this.

Good luck!

2022-05-13_12-46-13.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there Gary.  But no, I don't have 'view hidden files' turned on.  Below is a screenshot, showing side by side the Mac HD viewed in Finder, and the same being viewed in Bridge at the same time.  As you can see, in Bridge the dev folder is shown.

Screenshot 2022-05-15 at 23.39.33.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue. It doesnt seem like that folder should be on the HD. anyone find a solution to this? 

seems like malware

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines