• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge is "not responding" since new Graphics Card Installed

Participant ,
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am posting here because I posted about this issue weeks ago in the Bridge forum, and nobody has attempted to help apart from suggesting I post here,

I have just updated to a new graphics card MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti on my Win 10 64bit PC. But now Bridge just doesn't respond for ages every time I try to do something. I have uninstalled Bridge CC and then re-installed it but it hasn't solved the issue.

Can someone help please driving me crazy!

The folders contained Nikon .NEF files but the problem is the same with any image files.

The Graphics card driver is: NVDIA date 01/12/16 Driver version: 21.21.13.7619

Bridge Version: 7.0.0.93 x64

Bridge has gone back to being very slow and "not responding"

Not impressed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first think I would try if I were you would be to install newer Nividia device drivers for your GTX 1050 Ti the one you have installed is nearly a year old 1/16/2016....

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks JJMack. I followed your advice and installed the latest driver

11/12/2016

Then rebooted. the driver is showing as installed correctly, but Bridge is behaving exactly the same, i.e. not responding all the time and behaving very slowly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not use the bridge much.  I onle use ir the edit meta data.   Try editing your Preferences Cache section check all the boxes and also Purge All Cache Now.  The will slow the down at first be will also clear up any Cache issues.

I also notice in my Advance settings my use software rendering is checked and grayed out I can not use hardware acceleration if I wanted to...Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks JJ, i have done all that, and re-booted, but if anything, Bridge is worse.  I know this is a known issue, as i had the same problem a few years ago when I replaced my motherboard I think. but I can't remember the fix. I do remember being told it was a known issue and being given the fix by someone. But that was before i was on Adobe forums and I can't remember where I got the help.

Surely, there should be an Adobe expert here to fix issues like this?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you know what you have is a known issue. Search the web to see if a fix or work around has been posted.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that, couldn't find anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Racingtog,

Do you have two graphics cards installed in your PC?

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines