• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Painfully Slow When Changing File Info Or Labels

Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded my workstation to a screaming HP Omen.  Bridge is still painfully slow when it comes to changing meta on .psd files.  It literally takes 10-20 seconds just to change the label.  It's the kind of thing where I have to start it on 100 files and walk away for a few minutes because it is just so annoying.  Same thing for changing the file info. 

Anything I can do to speed this up on .psd files?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are the files stored on the same system? or on a Server?

I have noticed in the past, when editing metadata across a network things slow down bit (not 10-20secs, but still noticeable slower, then local).

Also I wonder if possible additional slowness might be related to caching? as you mention you have a new workstation, if cache is stored locally each folder might need to be cached again, if the preferences for cache are not set to Export Cache to Folders When Possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines