• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spin and Rotate on object actual center

Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to make something rotate - like a wheel… but it rotates around a grounded center point, even though I have "CENTER" as the Pivot point… it still has a blue "grounding" anchor at it's base… so what I make it spin on the z_axis… it rotates around it's bottom… not lie a wheel… I just tested again but this time I grpuped it to itself… and now it works as expected. Another test with a pre-made objects from the Abstract shapes library (the star) also yeiled the same unexpected behaviour as my imported circular image. But when I grouped that, it works.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Bug , Desktop

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
7 Comments
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I brought in a custom png and want to rotate it on it's center axis, but the "action" only recognizes the "grounded" anchor.... I've switched the pivot point to center, but that did not work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah my experience too… this work around works… just select the individual item, and Group it. For some reason, this makes it rotate from the center. Hope that helps you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird fix, but it worked! Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to know that worked for you too! Yes it's a weird fix… especially since it still shows the same (with that grounding axis at the bottom of the item)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2023 Nov 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the workaround, @robotme! I recently opened up an Aero project from a few months ago and replaced a rotating wheel-like asset. It worked as intended before the asset was replaced, but afterwards rotated only from the bottom. Must be a bug in the latest version, because it used to work just fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is beyond infuriating that such a dumb bug still exists in this software over a year later....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 04, 2024 May 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Grouping the object does not work for me, very frustrating 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate