• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extremely difficult to generate images of clean shaven men

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2024 Apr 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should work on the beards, you only offer pictures of men with a beard, even when I exclude beard, moustche from the prompt, you show only men with a beard. Or has anybody a solution how to get portraits and pictures of men without a beard?

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Imaging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

You are right. It is tough to generate images of men without beards and moustaches. And the few times Firefly managed to get it right, they were of the same ethnicity. I am moving this discussion to the bugs section.

Votes

Translate

Translate
14 Comments
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2024 Apr 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firefly doesn't have a built-in negative prompt functionality at the moment. In an earlier version, there was an Advanced settings - exclusion area where you could add words that would tell Firefly what not to include.  I believe Adobe is working on a new and improved negative prompt functionality. For now, you need to use words that describe what you want without including the words you don't want. I tried the prompt "man with clean shaven face" and got images of person without a beard or moustche.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using phrases such as "beardless", or "clean-shaven".

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Thank you, I have tried beardless, without beard/moutache, but they still had one . So I will try "clean shaven face".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found words like 'beardless' don't work the way you want as Firefly still sees the word 'beard'. Adding 'without' or 'no' will be ignored. I just tried again - see Firefly has image 3 as well as image 2 now. Image 3 still gave some faces when I had the "clean shaven face" in the prompt.  Trying a few times did get some good results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right. It is tough to generate images of men without beards and moustaches. And the few times Firefly managed to get it right, they were of the same ethnicity. I am moving this discussion to the bugs section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this has changed somewhat with model 3. I just did some test generations of groups of men. Out of 61 men generated 52% were beardless. That is a much higher percentage than model 2. Same prompts on model 2 generated only 19% beardless men.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2024 Aug 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

written every way possible. firefly just refuses to break out the razor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Joseph30043080wnuc what specific prompts are you trying?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beards appear to be a special case/problem. They are very hard to get rid of. You can see here that even with this long prompt, not all the images are without beards, but it gets the highest percentage of beardless people:

droopydog500_0-1722527931606.png

clean-shaven smooth-face fresh-face clear-chin bare-faced youthful man looking in distance 

droopy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found "unblemished" works fairly well. You still get some 5 o'clock shadows sometimes, but the majority turn out ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shaved
Shaven
Clean shaven
Cleanshaven
Clean shaved
Cleanshaved
Cleanly shaved
Beardless
No beard
“No beard”
Without beard
“Without beard”
Without any beard
Baldfaced

I did not do “bald” because I want the guy to have hair on his head.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As noted above "No", "Without" or any negative prompting will not work currently so it actually includes what you are trying to remove.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2024 Sep 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried all your suggestions, but it does not work for me. All the men have a beard, moustache. Honestly, I am disappointed, I have been using Firefly for a year now, but will have to explore other apps as the beard problem is remaining too long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2024 Sep 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, the beard problem remains. Adobe is aware of the problem and has indicated they are working on it.

droopy

Votes

Translate

Translate